Future Of SEDT? (1 Viewer)

We are looking into our next project, as we aim to have another project being run as a group soon. W

• MAP - Purbeck Breezer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAP - The Wave Kent

• MAP - The Wave North Devon

• MAP - Other, specify below.

• Total voters

South England Design Team

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
MAPS

Purbeck Breezer - A map based around Bournemouth. It would start with the 40 & 50 and possibly expanding into Bournemouth or Poole.

The Wave 100, 101, 102 - This is already a personal project, but we could do it as a team project enhancing speed.

The Wave 21 - I know @Jacobthebus would like this. This would be a map on the Route 21 and Ilfracoombe local services, North Devon.

Other - Send me your suggestions! Remember, it has to bee southern England

BUSES

What buses would you want?

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I think you should work on older buses. Judging off sticking with South England, particuarly these:

ndBUtm_fBuBiaibdOETRpq9aZFOcXMCl.jpeg

And to a lesser extent:

I have quite a thing for East Lancs Scanias, especially as I remember the top one in this guise (although not the same bus)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you could work on a map based in the South Coast of England (Such as Arundel, Littlehampton down to Worthing).

I would just like some decent UK buses in OMSI. Something high quality and realistic like a good TransBus Dart (Pointer 2) or what I would really like to see is a Scania Omnidekka or Omnicity DD. And more importantly with high quality sound sets and a good dashboard.

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
@simulatorguy101, that is what The Wave Kent is, but its just higher up, from Hastings to Dover. I'm thinking that your talking about the Coastliner 700?

@joe_alker, Yes old buses would probably be heavily involved, though do be reminded that the older generation buses are disappearing fast. Stagecoach, the main operator in East Kent, used to be running Olympians, Dart and ALX x00's but now even the E400 are being replaced. Streetdecks and E400MMC's are arriving. I also believe that the large amount of E400 used on the 100, 101 & 102 (map suggestion) are about to be replaced and they are not very old. They lost all their branding recently. Old buses are actually something I want more of as well so seeing as I would be making it...

@DaCookie! // MFF76, as I said, we are focusing on Southern England and apart from a few with Arriva, I don't notice many Versa's in Kent. I think there may be a few more down Devon way but the chances we would do a specific Harrogate or Transdev spec is unlikely.

MAPS

The Wave 21 - I know @Jacobthebus would like this. This would be a map on the Route 21 and Ilfracoombe local services, North Devon.

BUSES

What buses would you want?

In regards to the Wave 21 map-I would be more than happy to help with anything from reference pictures to creating buildings (if I can learn how to :P ). Is also be more than happy to help with actually building the too. In regards with buses-you know what buses I can get pictures of, so just send me a PM :)  

-J

INACTIVE
Banned Member
Apr 28, 2016
In regards to the Wave 21 map-I would be more than happy to help with anything from reference pictures to creating buildings (if I can learn how to :P ). Is also be more than happy to help with actually building the too. In regards with buses-you know what buses I can get pictures of, so just send me a PM :)  

-J

It seems as though already it is easy to tell which will win and come second. I think I already have enough personal projects planned, so I might only start with the Woolacombe Bay to Ilfracombe routes, or even just the Holiday Park Shuttle. They have some nice buses on that. Thanks for the offer.

THE VOTING WILL CLOSE AT THE END OF TODAY.

Reactions: Jacobthebus

Advertisement

Advertisement

@simulatorguy101, that is what The Wave Kent is, but its just higher up, from Hastings to Dover. I'm thinking that your talking about the Coastliner 700?

@joe_alker, Yes old buses would probably be heavily involved, though do be reminded that the older generation buses are disappearing fast. Stagecoach, the main operator in East Kent, used to be running Olympians, Dart and ALX x00's but now even the E400 are being replaced. Streetdecks and E400MMC's are arriving. I also believe that the large amount of E400 used on the 100, 101 & 102 (map suggestion) are about to be replaced and they are not very old. They lost all their branding recently. Old buses are actually something I want more of as well so seeing as I would be making it...

@DaCookie! // MFF76, as I said, we are focusing on Southern England and apart from a few with Arriva, I don't notice many Versa's in Kent. I think there may be a few more down Devon way but the chances we would do a specific Harrogate or Transdev spec is unlikely.

That is correct yes. Another option maybe is to start working on a long term project that you can keep releasing patches and updates to such as Isle of Wight.