Buses FU482/GX7767 Enviro400 MMC (HK Spec) (Free) (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Maybe I should clarify: this bus is not Enviro 400 MMC.
Yep, I know it has got a MMC body and it looks a MMC. But no, underneath the body, it is still a traditional Enviro 400 chassis.
There are multiple sources online stating the bus is a traditional Enviro 400, and I could not find any sources suggesting the bus as MMC.

Therefore it is wise to say this is a unique designed bus for Hong Kong, so as whistlehead said above, it is a very different bus to the Enviro 400 MMC in the UK.

Despite saying that, I think this bus uses a rollblind to "simulate" the electric display anyway, so you can always make your own display with the aid of photoshop or paint.net or whatever you use.

I've used this bus and travelled on Enviro400 MMCs in the UK many, many times, and I can say 100% this bus is an MMC (from the engine sound, right down to the kickdown only in 2nd gear, and poor hill climbing performance!), just that it's to HK spec. I was making a mod to give it the UK dials (speedometer, rev counter) and UK signage and speed limiter, but lost the files. If there is any interest I will start working on it again as I still have the high res photos I took of the UK MMC dashboard (I'd only be changing the dials though not the full dashboard, but it should still give it a UK feel).

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
View attachment 48279
View attachment 48280

I've used this bus and travelled on Enviro400 MMCs in the UK many, many times, and I can say 100% this bus is an MMC (from the engine sound, right down to the kickdown only in 2nd gear, and poor hill climbing performance!), just that it's to HK spec. I was making a mod to give it the UK dials (speedometer, rev counter) and UK signage and speed limiter, but lost the files. If there is any interest I will start working on it again as I still have the high res photos I took of the UK MMC dashboard (I'd only be changing the dials though not the full dashboard, but it should still give it a UK feel).
It's not an MMC chassis. Just the body. It sounds nothing like and MMC so I dread to think what MMCs you've been on in the UK.
You could change the dials, but that's only one aspect. The entire bus still gives off a HK vibe and I'm not sure if you'll be able to overcome that.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread