Maps Frantham and District (1 Viewer)

Hello!
I have had a little play in the OMSI editor, to practice my skills and learn how it works. That was in May last year, and then it was now, and now I have a small to medium-sized fictonal map with a plan and likely release. I aim to get a "demo" or cut-down version of the map out when it's ready. This demo will allow me to see how the map performs on other people's systems, and it will also allow you give feedback after driving on the map. For most recent updates (and more accurate descriptions), please go to the end of the thread.

This Demo/Beta/Whatever will focus on service 60, ran by ConEx from its Frantham depot.

What's this ConEx business?
1518022901101.png

Above: Close-up of the ConEx livery worn on a Citybus 400R operating service 151 to Peth.

ConEx is a fictional company created by me specifically for this map. They operate a few services on the map, mainly local services. It also wins the contract to operate Peth Metrobus services M1-M4. As a result of this, it runs from two depots, later 3 with the introduction of ConEx Gold. These are at Frantham, Peth and Cernby. It started as a family-run business in 1991, and has been family-owned and run since. It has a reputation in the area for reliability and good customer service.

The screenshots:
1518025201230.png

ABOVE: A ConEx Volvo B7L prepares to leave Cartonfield as a 57 to Peth arrives on the other side of the road, 2014.
BELOW: Arriva Bolvo B7L on the 9 attempts to turn as a Volvo B10BLE on the 57 passes on its way to Peth, Maytonford 2011.
1518025506128.png

1518025611245.png

ABOVE: Frantham Bus Station at night, including a lesser-spotted X94, 2015.
BELOW: A Sapphire Volvo B7L awaits its departure time at Farnham, 2017.
1518025801834.png

1518025893338.png

ABOVE: Sapphire Volvo B7L on the 57 passes a ConEx ALX 400 which has been rastered onto the 152, Frantham 2016.
BELOW: Sometimes Peth PTE buses escape the clutches of the M1, M2, M3 and M4. One such escaped vehicle is seen on the 151, Maytonford 2015.
1518026368285.png

They're all the screenshots I have for now. As work on the map progresses, I shall post more. Please give me your feedback, and say if there's anything you wish to know about the map. :)

Attachments

• 20180207163518_1.jpg
    20180207163518_1.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Tayte44

Banned Member
Mar 25, 2018
Apologies for not updating recently - I've been busy going college related gubbins. I have been working on custom junctions and roundabouts and such for the map, and will provide a proper update when they are completed. In the meantime, I have started to update the *.hof files. If you are interested in such things, here's a short video demonstrating the various destinations at your disposal.

Awesome looking forward keep up the good work :D

Advertisement

Also...

Luxury travel for the average commute.

In summer 2015, ConEx launch an extended service X94, now renumbered X52, running between Peth and Cernby. It also interworks with service 152, with both services running every 30 minutes. ConEx purchased 10 Citybus 400RX vehicles specially for the services, which were branded under a new brand: ConEx Gold.

ConEx Gold offers a more luxurious journey. Real leather, padded seating to offer as much comfort as possible, accompanied with the warmth of wooden flooring. Service X52 calls at all stops in Cernby, then runs limited stop to Peth Interchange, running via the A171 from Malby, coming off only to serve Frantham. Service 152 calls at all stops between Cernby and Frantham, operating via Malby, Jiston, Farnham and the scenic Moors Road.

The launch of ConEx Gold co-incides with the opening of ConEx's new depot near Malby, from which the services will operate.

Services 152 and X52 are not drivable in the beta, however, I intend them to be drivable in the final version.
1544917944742.jpeg

1544918532264.jpeg

1544917987399.jpeg

1544917996811.jpeg

1544918685957.jpeg

Last edited:
Right.

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, but I'm feeling pretty burnt out by this map right now. I've decided to only release the map with player routes 60, 01 and 62, along with some AI routes, and NO chrono events. The map will only use the Citybus 400R, V3D E200 MMC and Mercedes Citaro UK, ALX400R Trident, with alternative AI lists provided using the MasterDeck and Volvo B7L. I'm also re-doing all the splines so that they don't use Iomex's pack (no offence!) - this is because I can't find anything that includes the full pack (I was using what was included in Cotterell 1.0, or whatever the previous version was, but the update appears to have taken a lot of it out for some reason). I'[ll be changing the front page to relectf these changes and my dreadful typing askills.

Last edited:

Advertisement

I've edited a post a few posts above to reflect small changes in the AI used. It is now as follows:

• Citybus 400R
  • Enviro 200MMC
  • Mercedes UK Citaro
  • Transbus Trident ALX400R

Alterative AI lists will add:
  • Masterbus MasterDeck
  • Volvo B7L Eclipse 1.5
  • Masterswitch Masterlite

Repaints (not used in AI lists) will additionally be provided for:
  • MAN A21 UK
  • Volvo B9TL Gemini 2
  • Enviro 200 (the GX7767 version)
  • ALX400 London
  • B10BLE/Renown
Rollsign destinations will be provided for:

• Enviro 200 (GX7767)
  • ALX400 London
  • B10BLE/Renown

I've edited the player routes I'll be using:
  • 60/61: Frantham Circulars
  • 62: Frantham - Farnham
  • Maybe a secret bonus one idk see how I feel

Also:
1569707385683.png

Last edited:

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I've edited a post a few posts above to reflect small changes in the AI used. It is now as follows:

• Citybus 400R
  • Enviro 200MMC
  • Mercedes UK Citaro
  • Transbus Trident ALX400R

Alterative AI lists will add:
  • Masterbus MasterDeck
  • Volvo B7L Eclipse 1.5

Repaints (not used in AI lists) will additionally be provided for:
  • MAN A21 UK
  • Masterswitch Masterlite
  • Volvo B9TL Gemini 2
  • Enviro 200 (the GX7767 version)
  • ALX400 London
I've edited the player routes I'll be using:
  • 60/61: Frantham Circulars
  • 62: Frantham - Farnham

Also:
View attachment 53264
This is the first time I've seen this project, and I've got to say that I love it! It's looking absolutely amazing!!
I love Frantham Bus Station too, it looks very believable!
I also love the Renown's blinds (seen on your first post!) – and speaking of the Renown, that Arriva skin... is it yours?
If yes, I'd love to see it released, I'd use that all the time (even though I've never ever laid eyes on a real life Arriva bus)! :D
I wish you the best of luck with this project!!

Reactions: owen6116
This is the first time I've seen this project, and I've got to say that I love it! It's looking absolutely amazing!!
I love Frantham Bus Station too, it looks very believable!
I wish you the best of luck with this project!!

Thank you very much :)

I also love the Renown's blinds (seen on your first post!) – and speaking of the Renown, that Arriva skin... is it yours?

Yes, the skin is mine, but is in desperate need of being redone (I've learned so much about repainting sice I did that skin).

I must admit I'd completely forgot about the renown. I'll add that to the list. I'll also be including rollsign and LED blinds for the renown with release.

Reactions: owen6116

Users who are viewing this thread