Maps Frantham and District (1 Viewer)

Hello!
I have had a little play in the OMSI editor, to practice my skills and learn how it works. That was in May last year, and then it was now, and now I have a small to medium-sized fictonal map with a plan and likely release. I aim to get a "demo" or cut-down version of the map out when it's ready. This demo will allow me to see how the map performs on other people's systems, and it will also allow you give feedback after driving on the map. For most recent updates (and more accurate descriptions), please go to the end of the thread.

This Demo/Beta/Whatever will focus on service 60, ran by ConEx from its Frantham depot.

What's this ConEx business?
1518022901101.png

Above: Close-up of the ConEx livery worn on a Citybus 400R operating service 151 to Peth.

ConEx is a fictional company created by me specifically for this map. They operate a few services on the map, mainly local services. It also wins the contract to operate Peth Metrobus services M1-M4. As a result of this, it runs from two depots, later 3 with the introduction of ConEx Gold. These are at Frantham, Peth and Cernby. It started as a family-run business in 1991, and has been family-owned and run since. It has a reputation in the area for reliability and good customer service.

The screenshots:
1518025201230.png

ABOVE: A ConEx Volvo B7L prepares to leave Cartonfield as a 57 to Peth arrives on the other side of the road, 2014.
BELOW: Arriva Bolvo B7L on the 9 attempts to turn as a Volvo B10BLE on the 57 passes on its way to Peth, Maytonford 2011.
1518025506128.png

1518025611245.png

ABOVE: Frantham Bus Station at night, including a lesser-spotted X94, 2015.
BELOW: A Sapphire Volvo B7L awaits its departure time at Farnham, 2017.
1518025801834.png

1518025893338.png

ABOVE: Sapphire Volvo B7L on the 57 passes a ConEx ALX 400 which has been rastered onto the 152, Frantham 2016.
BELOW: Sometimes Peth PTE buses escape the clutches of the M1, M2, M3 and M4. One such escaped vehicle is seen on the 151, Maytonford 2015.
1518026368285.png

They're all the screenshots I have for now. As work on the map progresses, I shall post more. Please give me your feedback, and say if there's anything you wish to know about the map. :)

Attachments

• 20180207163518_1.jpg
    20180207163518_1.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Advertisement

At present, these are the requirements:
The Map:

The vehicles:

Note that just the base version of BoTW needs to be installed, you do not need any of that map's dependencies unless they're also listed here.

All repaints required will be included in the download. Links provided are links to the versions that I have installed and am using regardless of whether or not there are newer versions available mainly because I can't be bothered to update my mods. I shall update this post as new requirements are added/taken away.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2016
Good work so far but add some hills so it's not 100% flat, If you need any repaints for the Fleetline or another repaints I can help out with that. I'd try and stay away from using the B10BLE. Other than that good start.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Looking great. If only we had a tutorial from the experts on here how to get the heights of buildings right for OMSI. I've had a go but it'l be nice to share that here, also gradients.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

Looking great. If only we had a tutorial from the experts on here how to get the heights of buildings right for OMSI. I've had a go but it'l be nice to share that here, also gradients.
Wouldn't call myself an expert but...
To get the heights of my buildings, I tend to go off the size of the front door. They are normally approx 2m in height so it helps me approximate the building height. Hasn't failed me yet!

As far as gradients are concerned, I tend to go off my eyes. I look at a hill and try out a few different gradients until I find the gradient that looks as close to it's real-life counterpart. I don't really know any other way of figuring it out. There is a mathematical equation but it will require a bunch of values from the actual hill itself which will likely be a pain to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LT586
As far as gradients are concerned, I tend to go off my eyes. I look at a hill and try out a few different gradients until I find the gradient that looks as close to it's real-life counterpart. I don't really know any other way of figuring it out. There is a mathematical equation but it will require a bunch of values from the actual hill itself which will likely be a pain to get.

You can get a gradient in the form of 1:y, where for every foot you go up vertically, you go y along, for example, a 1:20 gradient is you go 20 feel along for every foot you go up. I think. How you get that into a percentage, I don't know. For this map, I've just entered a value and went "Yup, that'll do. Build that." which has resulted in one or two 16% gradients. One of which there's a bus stop at the bottom of it, which will be fun in something like a Fleetline :D

OK, so I've been working on a few repaints. The Peth Metrobus liveries are complete (just need to do an ex-stagecoach Fleetline).
Leyland Fleetlines were introduced when the service started in 1989. It was operated by Stagecoach until 2014.
When ConEx took over, it introduced new buses, Citybus 400Rs, as per its contract, withdrawing the fleetlines. The last fleetline was withdrawn on 3rd August 2015. It also introduced Mercedes-Benz Citaros, specifically for service M2, which had dropped in popularity, meaning it would be useless using double deckers on it, though deckers do sometimes go on the M2 if necessary.
1519511101697.png

Right to Left: Leyland Fleetline introduced in 1989, Citybus 400R introduced in 2014, Mercedes-Benz Citaro introduced in 2015.

Appropriate numbers and registrations will be provided in the ailists.cfg file for AI buses.

I am also changing how the demo will look. It will now follow the area in only 2014 and 2015. There will be two drivable routes, Service 57 and Service 502/M2, both of which see large changes in these years.

Reactions: MatthewHarrison49

Advertisement

Sorry for the recent lack of updates, but I have been modifying slightly the Frantham area, and a new livery has showed up. A new bridge over Frantham Road carries Garton Street, and Frantham Bus Station has been slightly changed among other changes.
1520538016532.jpg

ABOVE: A ConEx Citaro on service 152 departs Frantham Bus Station while a C400RX awaits its departure time.
BELOW: The 14' 6" high bridge carries Garton Street over Frantham Road.
1520538052461.jpg

1520540673478.jpg

ABOVE: a new livery is introduced to the Peth Metrobus by ConEx City.
BELOW: ConEx's new livery for service X94.
1520540928373.jpg

1520540953899.jpg

1520540965412.jpg

BELOW: A view of Great Kirkland Street at night. ConEx's Frantham depot can be seen in the background
1520541068965.jpg

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread