He/Him
International Scout 800A.
06-01-2019_14-25-39-kmwg53l2.png

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
If only LOTUS utilised the UE4 engine, the editor is so much more versatile - I hope one day we see a Bus simulation like OMSI with that level of detail, those screens look amazing. I say UE4 because of how it looks but is it?

Im not into racing games but this does look the business.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
If only LOTUS utilised the UE4 engine, the editor is so much more versatile - I hope one day we see a Bus simulation like OMSI with that level of detail, those screens look amazing. I say UE4 because of how it looks but is it?

Im not into racing games but this does look the business.
It's not UE4, it's an engine called "Forzatech" developed by the Forza developers specifically for Forza, in the same way that Oriolus are developing the LOTUS engine specifically for LOTUS. It's the difference between two developers with the assistance of a few community members and two Microsoft-backed AAA dev teams.

I must say though, although the graphics engine in LOTUS still leaves a lot to be desired at the moment, the quality of artwork being made for the game is a major step up from OMSI. This screenshot is from the V6E Hamburg 1978 addon being developed:
index.php

Reactions: LT586

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Ah i see, well the inhouse game engines mean that an editor isn't still being waited on, TSW and Fernbus with UE4, with the editor it's tailor made if it's their own inhouse game engine. LOTUS i am still keeping an eye on - Forza Horizon does look good though!

Advertisement

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
These are my "Red Devil" cars - one a Dodge Challanger SRT Demon and the other a Ferrari F12tdf (Berlinetta). I call them my "Red Devils" because they are dressed in a gorgeous black/carbon body and a devilish red rims, wing tips, mirrors and window tint - and the reason they're in that is because they can both do 0-60 in less than 1 second.

Yes, the Challenger does it in 0.7 seconds, and the F12 in 0.8.
(not releasing the tunes)

And there are no other cars on Horizon 4 like them.
I've checked.

Enjoy.

CHALLENGER RD.jpg
F12 RD.jpg

Reactions: xXAmyLuXx

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread