Maps Ford & Combe-'Exclusive To FellowsFilm Forums' (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Due to the high and constant speed of development of Ford & Combe (BTV 1960's Map Retrofit), I have taken the executive decision to continue developing on this 'Exclusive To FellowsFilm Forums' page! Hopefully I'll be posting on here often enough to prevent the thread from being locked, closed or deleted. I'm sure @whistlehead, @Fellowslothb, @Road-hog123, @MagicReloadable, @iomex and @THE PH6NT0M won't mind the thread being open for a bit more than a week! Anyway, here's the first of the new screenshots. The first one is Greenlake, located just outside Town Hall town, the second one is the Town Hall, and the last one is the small turning circle, in the town just outside of Bus Depot town. Names to come soon!

Many Thanks and Enjoy,

-Jacobthebus

P.S.:-And of course, a billion thanks go to @btv, who made this all possible!

View attachment 616

View attachment 617

View attachment 618

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Just a quick update, but no screens.

I've been replacing the bus stops to ones with labels (from Bowdenham), and I've been changing the shelters to @Road-hog123's. Also, I've been doing some landscaping, adding in a low-lying pool. Just got to clean the rough edges and fix the road side shrubbery to hide the gap between the ground and the road.

I'll keep you posted.

-Jacobthebus

This time some development pics! (Yay!)

Firstly, we're outside the town hall in Henford. Notice the new bus shelters which I think are quite fitting, along with the new route markers.

Secondly, we're at Green Lake. I've fixed the bus stop lines and once again I've changed the shelters.

Lastly, we're at Harbour Road(/Cliff Lane). I've changed the shelters, much like everywhere else, and I've changed the bus stops, like everywhere else too.

So then, all looks great! But what's still to do?

I've still got to tidy up a load more places. Redchurch, the town next to the one with the Bus Garage (Avonford), is still a WIP project as it is. Unfinished roads, scenery, markings, signs, lights etc.

.HOF files need doing, aswell as rollblinds and repaints-@VGxT4CT1CZz, I'll PM you at a later date once I have finalised the routes and their buses.

Paths need cleaning up, as a ton are missing. Paths is something I simply cannot master. I will continue to try and persevere but I might need help. But at the moment, its not much of an issue, but it is likely that I will need help with said paths at some point.

In conclusion...

It's about half done, give or take. Ill say that its probably either going to be a summer treat, a Halloween surprise, or a Christmassy present. However, I do plan for it to be released at some point, along with @btv's permission of course! But for now, feast your eyes! Also, watch this space too www.facebook.com/fordandcombe.

-Jacobthebus

View attachment 692

View attachment 693

View attachment 694

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

@iomex, my hero! I've now replaced the German roads in 'Woodhurst'. The original roads placed by @btv were his conversions of Berlin roads, with @Road-hog123's British markings on top. The result wasn't the best, so I spent ten minutes trying to find the best alternative. And @iomex's it was!

-Jacobthebus

View attachment 708

View attachment 709

Reactions: btv
Those shelters should be placed with a vertical height of 0.25 m relative to the road. The extra leg length is there to allow them to be place on hills without flying. Otherwise the map looks quite good. :)

Yeah, I placed them at 0.525(Z). I thought they were a bit high, so I'll change that soon. You wouldn't happen to be making some UK bus stops soon would you? At the moment I'm using the Bowdenham ones, and they're just retextured German ones with reversed textures on one side. 

-Jacobthebus

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah, I placed them at 0.525(Z). I thought they were a bit high, so I'll change that soon. You wouldn't happen to be making some UK bus stops soon would you? At the moment I'm using the Bowdenham ones, and they're just retextured German ones with reversed textures on one side. 

-Jacobthebus

He already made some, they are in roadside clutter and are found with BoTW and Cotterell. They are the ones I'm using in Bowdenham now

Reactions: Jacobthebus
Feb 12, 2016

-Jacobthebus

Rhys also released a couple of UK bus stops recently.

Reactions: Jacobthebus
He already made some, they are in roadside clutter and are found with BoTW and Cotterell. They are the ones I'm using in Bowdenham now

Thanks for that, I'll take a quick look now.

Rhys also released a couple of UK bus stops recently.

Yeah, I thought so. To the downloads section!

-Jacobthebus

Advertisement

Just a quickie-Firstly, I had a look at @Road-hog123's bus stops, and they look great. I've just got to teach myself the knack of getting the bus stop and the pole lined up. I didn't think that the attach to feature worked. It may, so please let me know if it does. Secondly (and lastly), I thought I'd just let you know that I'm taking a short and (In my opinion) well earned break. Progress will continue shortly, so watch this space. Also check the FB page, but most progress will be on here. Expect another update with screenshots by Monday.

Many Thanks,

-Jacobthebus

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, but I can assure you that the project is not dead. At the moment I'm just very busy, so please be patient and bare with me. I planned on working on it this evening, but I ended up going to the barbers. Again, the project is not dead, and will remain ongoing until I say otherwise. Because @btv has put in so much effort to create the initial map, and I myself have put in so much effort to improve it, I feel as though something needs to come out at the other end as a product. There will be a beta release hopefully during the 6 weeks holidays (June/July/August), and a full release (hopefully) during Christmas.

Many thanks for your co-operation and understanding,

-Jacobthebus

P.S.:-I will be looking for repainters, AI paths fixers and beta testers very soon. Please let me know if you could help with the repaints or AI paths, but do not ask to be a beta tester. I will choose in my own time. PM's will be sent out.

Feb 12, 2016
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, but I can assure you that the project is not dead. At the moment I'm just very busy, so please be patient and bare with me. I planned on working on it this evening, but I ended up going to the barbers. Again, the project is not dead, and will remain ongoing until I say otherwise. Because @btv has put in so much effort to create the initial map, and I myself have put in so much effort to improve it, I feel as though something needs to come out at the other end as a product. There will be a beta release hopefully during the 6 weeks holidays (June/July/August), and a full release (hopefully) during Christmas.

Many thanks for your co-operation and understanding,

-Jacobthebus

P.S.:-I will be looking for repainters, AI paths fixers and beta testers very soon. Please let me know if you could help with the repaints or AI paths, but do not ask to be a beta tester. I will choose in my own time. PM's will be sent out.

I could probably help with repaints, but it depends on when you want them done.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread