Flipdot Displays on V3D's Transbus ALX400? (1 Viewer)

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
This may be very hard to explain, but here goes:
With the Transbus ALX400 comes regional reskins and an amazing bus itself - it's own rollband, design, drive: everything is so perfect about it, and I praise V3D for that - but I have one small wish: I would like to see some sort of Hannover flip-dot display-replicas.

The green flip-dot is an iconic display to my area, and I often see it in buses around my region, along with orange LED displays - and I especially see them in the ALX400s. My idea would be to use that of the Wright Eclipse mod, though I understand that resizing and re-positioning would have to take place.

I understand that changing IBIS files is an easy job but I would appreciate 'how-to' guidelines or the mod to be made itself, because I am a serious 'noob' at modding.

Any reply would be a massive help, and I would very much appreciate the support or any answers.

Thank you for reading this thread.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
There's a regional one coming which will have matrix displays, currently the layout of the ALX we have is specified as London so number band and destination band, two seperate units if you will. It's pretty easy to change if it had the space for a digital matrix but i'd hold on for the regional one

Advertisement

eternalblue

Sim Enthusiast
Aug 5, 2017
Southwest England
There's a regional one coming which will have matrix displays, currently the layout of the ALX we have is specified as London so number band and destination band, two seperate units if you will. It's pretty easy to change if it had the space for a digital matrix but i'd hold on for the regional one
Ah okay, thank you very much. Do you know how long the wait may be, and do you know if there will be better optimization with the regional model?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread