Fleetline Texture Issues (1 Viewer)

typojinx

Mr GM Buses
Apr 4, 2017
Hi all, I've been working on some GMT and GM Buses repaints for the Fleetline using the SF 31 model (and some external texture tweaks to at least look something like an AN68 even if there's nothing I can do about double doors and too many windows!), but come across an issue with the seat and engine stop textures.

If I don't include a seat texture at all, I get what I can only assume to be the model default (a brownish leather sort of thing), which is fine if this was a Rossendale repaint, but not right for Manchester!
If I copy in the blue LF_chair.bmp from the root of the texture folder, or rename the tartan version in the BoTW repaint and put that in, they also work.
What's baffling, is when I make any changes to either of these, save as 32-bit (like the original file), replace and reload the game, part of the texture shows around the lip of the stairwell as it should, but the seats are shiny metal!

1567029902292.png

I've also come across an issue with EmgEngineStop.bmp.
As I've got multiple colour versions to go along with different repaints (brown engine bay, Selnec/GM Buses Orange, GMN etc.), I've tried with different filenames in the root of the repaint folder or with the correct name directly in each repaint folder, then specified in the cti as with everything else, but I can only get this file to load from the root of the repaint folder with the original filename - Anything different to this and the only thing that shows is a white square.

As expected, If I don't have a texture at all, the default black with chinese characteres is loaded instead.

Any ideas what's going on?

I also wanted to ask if anybody knew which tga is used for the windows and if there are individual textures for front/rear and side windows, or one for all?

Last edited:

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
20190530165610_1.jpg

Yikes, I had this problem too. And all I wanted to do was put some Arriva moquette on the seats - dropped that on the original CMB seats, and they, except for the driver's seat and the stair cushioning, showed up as chrome. I might try that, and hopefully, that'll sort me for seats in my Fleetline pack.

Nice to see you're working on the interior, though - something I haven't cracked myself. Is there any way, to add, to make your own interior wall/floor textures with a template to go off of?

We really do need a better Fleetline...

I resolved the problem by saving the “LF_chair” texture as a .TGA file with an all-over mask of R:10 G:10 B:10 applied to the alpha channel.
I'm operating on GIMP - is it perfectly normal if the layer shows up transparent, but the parts of the layer remain selectable?

Last edited:

typojinx

Mr GM Buses
Apr 4, 2017
It’s been so long since I worked on Fleetline repaints, but I initially had the same issue with the seat textures.

I resolved the problem by saving the “LF_chair” texture as a .TGA file with an all-over mask of R:10 G:10 B:10 applied to the alpha channel.

Hope this helps you.

If that's the fix then yes it helps, I just need to work out how to do it!

View attachment 51534
<snip>except for the driver's seat and the stair cushioning, showed up as chrome. I might try that, and hopefully, that'll sort me for seats in my Fleetline pack.

I made some changes last night and the driver's seat had a texture (which it didn't before, mine was chrome) so I thought I was making progress, until I read that! ????

Nice to see you're working on the interior, though - something I haven't cracked myself. Is there any way, to add, to make your own interior wall/floor textures with a template to go off of?

Honestly not sure on making my own, I started with the various internal files from the CMB model, changed colouring from blue to grey and then made my changes, including replacing and adding some of the existing text (No Smoking, emergency exit etc)

FileWhat I know it does...
SF_in_F_CMBUpper deck front texture above and under window
Lower deck under and around front front window
Bottom of stairs bulkhead wall
Behind drivers cab in gangway
Door surrounds for front and centre doors
SF_in_B_CMBUpper and lower deck rear wall texture
Additional door surrounds for front & centre doors
SF_in_L_CMBLeft side upper and lower cabin texture, including curved section to roof above windows
SF_in_R_CMBRight side upper and lower cabin texture, including curved section to roof above windows and staircase
SF_in_R_board_CMBDrivers cabin door (internal)
Drivers cab rear bulkhead
Lower deck gangway staircase texture
Rear lower passenger cabin emergency door

For the internals, went from this...
1567193333016.png

To this... and it didn't take long to be fair
1567193346038.png

And while it looks black, it's actually #0E0E0E, which is about as dark as I could get before the Multiply blending stopped doing it's thing.

The internals still need tweaking and would benefit from re-making that drivers door poster, but i'd like to nail the seats first!

On the plus side, the EmgEngineStop texture appears to be behaving itself again.

The other thing I want to find, is where the SF2_31 model specifies the number plate location and if there's a way to move the fleet numbers...
The number plate always seems to be on the bottom bumper on an AN68 and it looks very odd under the front window... :rolleyes:

I know it'll be somewhere in the cfg, but so far it's been a bugger to find!

I'm happy with the outsides mostly, just need some touching up and adverts adding now...
1567195384962.png

1567195977629.png

1567196089754.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread