Repaints FirstBus Non Standard Livery Pack (1 Viewer)

BlueArmadillo

FirstBus Veg
Banned Member
Mar 19, 2017

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Just a small note, when I was checking these I spotted you painted over the registration plates ;) Not really your fault, it isn't the best template in the world, but you might want to fix it :P

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

@BlueArmadillo after downloading the repaints, just got a few tips and advice about the repaint :)

Seeing as it is not a fictional repaint, there is a number of images to compare them to, and being on both the buses myself, I feel this is something which can be represented slightly better, with the following adjustment's:
First Eclipse:
  • The 'Eclipse' writing on the front and side, is not white, as shown in your repaint, it is silver.
  • The gold swoop, at the rear on each side is a little out. If you look at the bus, the gold never actually comes to a point. It fades away at the ends to the tip is never reached.
  • The white lines on the side at the top, are faded the wrong way. They fade way from the lettering instead of towards the lettering, and the width declines as they leave the centre.
  • The 'star' logo, at the top on the driver's side is the complete wrong end of the writing. It should always be the end closest to the front of the bus.
  • The writing on the side, should all be the same font size. The only difference is that the 'Gosport | Fareham' is in bold. The next section is the same size, unlike on your repaint where they are different font sizes.
  • Then, lastly, the 'Brought to you by First' section is missing.
Solent Ranger:
I'm not overly sure what you based this one on, because it is not really at all like the Solent Ranger livery currently in use by First. I understand that the livery is actually used on Wright Streetlite's, but the graphics and general placement seem to be missing.
  • 'The Solent Ranger' text, is in the wrong font, size, colour and position. It should be above the window line, and it is more rounded, whereas your text is blocky.
  • Along with the text, the bus sports a little 'wave' graphic next to the 'Solent Ranger' text.
  • Under the window, it should display the message 'Frequent Connections Across the Solent' and then, the 'Wave' graphic re-applied again next to it.
  • The rear shows a map of the routes across the window, which could be shifted down to the bonnet and used on the Eclipse1.5.

I hope these improvements can be looked into, and completed to finish the liveries off for future users :)

EDIT-P.S. It's Southampton, not Southhampton...only one H.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread