Finding an Abandoned London Bus (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2016
Hey guys,

Yesterday was a bit odd. I found a bus adandoned at the side of the road.
The cab was open and rubbish was everywhere. It looks quite suspicious so I decided to investigate.
Unable to contact TfL or Arriva, I called 101 and asked for permission to board the bus. Nobody seemed to be able to find out what happened to this bus. Even the other bus drivers on route thought it was quite odd and were not aware of why the bus was there. It seemed like it had been stolen and ditched.

I was asked by the police to wait for someone to come get the bus.

After turning the electric on to contact the iBus controller, I realised that there was a weird petrolly smell coming from the bus so I turned it off and the dispatcher was finally able to contact Arriva.

After an hour and a half, recovery came to retrieve the bus and appreciated the help.

Just to clarify, it is never a good idea to board a bus that is parked up. The situation was quite odd and it wasn't the typical place to leave a bus and as stated the condition of the bus was odd. If you believe a bus as been stolen or the driver has been taken, call 101 and do exactly what they tell you to do. I'd also like to add that I am an Urban Explorer so it is in my nature to do stuff likes this as long as I make sure I am not breaking and criminal laws.

I personally believe that Arriva or at least the driver did not handle this well and should have made sure the doors were fully closed and that the cab was locked.

P.S. I'd like to again note that I was told by the operator to board the bus to ensure that there was no driver that passed out or anything.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017
Hey guys,

The cab was open and rubbish was everywhere. It looks quite suspicious so I decided to investigate.
Unable to contact TfL or Arriva, I called 101 and asked for permission to board the bus. Nobody seemed to be able to find out what happened to this bus. Even the other bus drivers on route thought it was quite odd and were not aware of why the bus was there. It seemed like it had been stolen and ditched.

After turning the electric on to contact the iBus controller, I realised that there was a weird petrolly smell coming from the bus so I turned it off and the dispatcher was finally able to contact Arriva.

After an hour and a half, recovery came to retrieve the bus and appreciated the help.

Just to clarify, it is never a good idea to board a bus that is parked up. The situation was quite odd and it wasn't the typical place to leave a bus and as stated the condition of the bus was odd. If you believe a bus as been stolen or the driver has been taken, call 101 and do exactly what they tell you to do. I'd also like to add that I am an Urban Explorer so it is in my nature to do stuff likes this as long as I make sure I am not breaking and criminal laws.

I personally believe that Arriva or at least the driver did not handle this well and should have made sure the doors were fully closed and that the cab was locked.

Shouldn't have really went in to begin with. Should have phoned 101 first then waited outside.

Advertisement

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
Hey guys,

P.S. I'd like to again note that I was told by the operator to board the bus to ensure that there was no driver that passed out or anything.

That is really very odd! But it's lucky you were the one who found the bus and got it recovered, otherwise who knows what would've been done with it

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Hey guys,

Oh my!!! Scary stuff! :eek:
But you handled the situation as best as you could, and I congratulate you for that.
So... congratulations!

I'm really glad you're alright.

Reactions: SatoshiAaron
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread