Maps Fictional Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

So having got some help with the route & timetable side of things i have now began to crack on with my Yorkshire OMSI Project. This is my first attempt at having a good go at creating a full map with the intent to distribute for people to enjoy. So let me introduce you to Fictional Yorkshire, my very own adaptation of the Yorkshire Countrysides, Villages & Rural Bus Routes. I am using most of the current UK Scenery packs and will give full credit to those of whom require it when it comes to releasing the map. I would like to stress that having not had much experience with the editor problems will undoubtedly present themselves so i ask that you please enjoy the few screenshots, enjoy whats to come and any questions, comments or suggestions please do let me know. (Please do not include texture or custom paint job suggestions as this is a side of OMSI i have yet to dabble in)

Last edited:
Ok guys its Friday Night so im heading out but i'm gonna leave ya with an edit of todays S1 - School Special at the terminus :D Got through a large portion of the town today so hopefully be continuing work over the weekend but for now this is the last update for today so enjoy!!

View attachment 13344

I would use the bigger bus loop

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
honestly i thought about it but it didn't fit into where i needed it to go and i tested the loop in the picture with both the London City Bus 400 and Volvo Eclipse 1.5 and it turns without any issue. bit close but lets be fair, who in britain doesn't like a tight corner challenge. :P

Reactions: Steven Macaskill

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Does anyone here know where i can download the file containing these 3 things please as i cannot find it anywhere
Sceneryobjects\CRH_arrows_blue\routearrow_dn_blue.sco
Sceneryobjects\CRH_arrows_blue\routearrow_L_blue.sco
Sceneryobjects\CRH_arrows_blue\routearrow_R_blue.sco
Thanks everyone :D

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
So ran into a major issue for the map :/ The Road Marking Directional arrows are now displaying a wierd selection of fonts instead of the actual directions as is the same with the Give-Way Triangle Road markings. I'm assuming this is an issue with the Fonts as i installed a new font file when downloading the London Map. If anyone can help please let me know as i do not wish to compromise the map by removing files ect. Thanks in advance

20170611171532_1.jpg

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
So ran into a major issue for the map :/ The Road Marking Directional arrows are now displaying a wierd selection of fonts instead of the actual directions as is the same with the Give-Way Triangle Road markings. I'm assuming this is an issue with the Fonts as i installed a new font file when downloading the London Map. If anyone can help please let me know as i do not wish to compromise the map by removing files ect. Thanks in advance

View attachment 13460
Was it working before?

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
yeah im just not sure how to return it back and not risk other parts of the map being affected lol its only the road direction arrow and giveway triangle thats affected as far as i can see

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
You've installed both 2.0.0+ and 2.1+ versions of my pack over the top of each other and through a nonsensical OMSI bug, OMSI chooses to use different textures than it's told to. If you delete my pack and install it again it'll be fixed until you next install a map that bundles an old version and it gets broken again.

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
ah ok thank you again sorry for the stupidity of my questions as i mentioned its my first map and im proud of it so didnt want to risk screwing it up

on a side note, does anybody know why my traffic lights and ai traffic act so strangly and why my AI busses go on the route and display the correct destinations but dont pick anybody up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Big thanks to @iomex and @Road-hog123 for their help today. This has enabled me to continue work on the WIP and i am very happy to say that i have made some amazing progress in the town and managed to get most of the Route Markers up, I have decided i will be releasing a directions Notepad/pdf file due to one section of the route being a little complex to navigate. (e.g. the number 12 stops at SY3 on the trip towards but on the return trip bypasses the same junction towards YRP) Anyway it will all make sense once its released and as with all maps you will prob get used to it anyway, i mean...who didn't go the wrong way in Hertfordshires 300/301 Route at first :P Well here you go some progress screenshots and hope you all enjoy them. :)

20170611202329_1.jpg

20170611202339_1.jpg

20170611202426_1.jpg

20170611202452_1.jpg

Reactions: Sambob_12

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Great Question @andrewsmith and a very welcome one too, As of right now i DO have the Hamburg DLC and with that being said the option to incorporate those objects into my map. HOWEVER, I am inclined not to put these or any PAYWARE objects into the map, so it will be available FREE of charge for everyone to enjoy. I want people to get the same level of enjoyment out of driving the map as i have done making it. It has cost me nothing (other than time) to create this map and thus i am very happy to say the map will eventually (with a lot of patience) be publicly available for FREE. Any other questions from anybody please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks everyone :)

Reactions: Fasdss

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
So had a thought, as my map is specifically Stagecoach Yorkshire, The Main Operator is Going to be Stagecoach. That being said How do you peeps feel about adding a joint First Service to the Number 12 Route? As for the testing update i am almost done with the Laceby Village, mainly signs, road markings and few scenic extras to add. Did some Night Time Testing and added a "Route Learning" NIS destination display so anybody new to the map can drive the route out of service and feel that little bit of extra realism as tho they are being Tutored the Route. Added a few new "Destination Blinds" such as "Rail Replacement" and "Driver Training" any others you guys can think of let me know. Thanks in Advance and look forward to your feedback, comments and questions.

20170612014001_1.jpg

20170612015007_1.jpg

Reactions: busboynat

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Ok peeps, sorry not been to active of late but been working hard on the map and obviously got irl stuff on the go as well, but hopefully you all enjoy a few new screenshots of Laceby Town and the Town Square in Development. As always i'm working hard to constantly make the map as nice on the eye and fun to drive as i possibly can, whilst also giving the map the "freedom of customization ability" so to speak. Whilst i still have no "Release Date" as of yet i would like to stress that i am "testing as i go" and so far i have found very little issues with the map (which is good) So hopefully it will be ready sometime in the near Future rather than distant future. Hope your all excited by the work and as always i look forward to hearing back from you all.

20170623173725_1.jpg

20170623173812_1.jpg

20170623173851_1.jpg

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
UPDATE: Work continues on the Yorkshire Fictional Map with the introduction of an extended country lane complete with gradient bridge. Also in Introduction of the Cross County X12 Stagecoach Interconnect Service (which will eventually link every town/village in the map together.) Further more work has been done to the Industrial Estate and inner Laceby Map layout with Road Markings/Signs and Details beginning to take shape. Really nice drive so far and looking forward to hearing back from you all about your thoughts and comments on my WIP.

20170624162023_1.jpg

20170624162117_1.jpg

20170624162208_1.jpg

20170624162445_1.jpg

20170624163401_1.jpg

Reactions: Kirkby_Solo

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread