Maps Fictional Yorkshire Beta [Unavailable]

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Former Yorkshire Counties Developer
Apr 30, 2017
Sylar submitted a new resource:

Fictional Yorkshire Beta - Where the Roads are Tight and the Timetables Tighter

Welcome to Fictional Yorkshire, Where the roads are tight and the timetables are tighter. The map is a fictional representation of various types of Yorkshire Country Lanes, Towns and Villages. The map currently consists of 5 drivable Routes, 11, 12, 29, X11 & X12 each offering a different challenge around a tight map designed to challenge the most experienced OMSI Driver.

This map contains a READ ME file that MUST be read first before driving the map as it contains details about the assets...
Read more about this resource...

Sylar

Apr 30, 2017
The list of requirements is long on a clean install granted but i know most OMSI Players will already have these assets installed. However i may look at reducing this in future updates as i am now a lot more aware of the file paths to requirements process so it will defiantly be something i look into. It is my first map tho and so had a lot to learn (and boy have i learned) as i went along.

Sylar

Apr 30, 2017
thank god i already had 3 then :) Like i say the required asset list looks daunting but most assets listed people already have. The 3 Pre-beta testers had next to no issues installing and playing the map minus a few texture problems. That being said i understand completely if people do not wish to test the map or drive it. Lets be fair nobody HAS or is obligated to drive it. It's another UK Themed map, people are more than welcome to take it or leave it. Its not gonna change the outcome of my effort into the map nor my resolve to improve it.

Omsiese

Mar 30, 2016
im missing these two
Sceneryobjects\UK Buildings\Houses\TudorHouse1.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead repaints\Addon_iomex_Corner_Pieces\Corner_180_0,5m.sco
and i have all the requirements, And im confused why tudor house is missing? im sure 100 percent of everyone on this forum has it lol.

Cameron1403

Jun 12, 2017
I'm not too fussed about the lengthy requirements list but are the maps listed (Cotterell, Buses of the Westcountry etc) requirements for this map to work and if so does it mean I cannot use any of the required maps? I'd love to try this map out but I'm not willing to sacrifice Cotterell, BOTW, Hertfordshire, Farthington etc.

Omsiese

Mar 30, 2016
I'm not too fussed about the lengthy requirements list but are the maps listed (Cotterell, Buses of the Westcountry etc) requirements for this map to work and if so does it mean I cannot use any of the required maps? I'd love to try this map out but I'm not willing to sacrifice Cotterell, BOTW, Hertfordshire, Farthington etc.
dont worry you can still use them, this map just has objects from them.

Sylar

Apr 30, 2017
yeah, i had to list the maps as my map uses objects from them, so if you have them installed already you dont need to download them again. as for the missing objects i'd suggest checking that they follow the path listed in MAPTOOLS. Like i say During the pre-beta there were next to no issues installing the map and having spent 3weeks trying to get the dependacies listed and validated on a clean install there should be no issue now, other than the possibility that the file my map uses to find the objects is different to how they are listed in your OMSI Directory.

R

RN61

im missing these two
Sceneryobjects\UK Buildings\Houses\TudorHouse1.sco
Sceneryobjects\whistlehead repaints\Addon_iomex_Corner_Pieces\Corner_180_0,5m.sco
and i have all the requirements, And im confused why tudor house is missing? im sure 100 percent of everyone on this forum has it lol.
The reason the tudor house is missing is because it is in UK buildings folder. In the insstall, it didn't come under this folder, but if you copy the folder of Houses, make a new folder called UK Buildings and place the Houses folder in the UK Buildings folder.

@Sylar I think you have installed the tudor houses wrong. The houses folder should be in scenery objects.

Reactions: Sylar

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
There are no installation instructions for the Tudor house, so obviously someone (no idea who, could have come from any map) has, instead of copying the "chrisrose1993" folder, copied it's contents to Sceneryobjects. Without anything to say what the correct installation method is, it's not technically wrong... :/
As for the other missing object, that's included in Farthington 1.3.4.

Sylar

Apr 30, 2017
I also believe i did too hence why i suggested using MAP TOOLS to check the file path, that being said as i have mentioned in previous posts its a first time map and thus i got many things including the dependacies and file paths wrong. I have not said at any point that this map would be the greatest thing since slice bread and have clearly said i had made alot of mistakes. Hence why i am sat here on the editor now taking in all this feedback and attempting to sort that out. Everybody complains that their are no UK Maps out and that they take ages to do, this is why.

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
I also believe i did too hence why i suggested using MAP TOOLS to check the file path, that being said as i have mentioned in previous posts its a first time map and thus i got many things including the dependacies and file paths wrong. I have not said at any point that this map would be the greatest thing since slice bread and have clearly said i had made alot of mistakes. Hence why i am sat here on the editor now taking in all this feedback and attempting to sort that out. Everybody complains that their are no UK Maps out and that they take ages to do, this is why.
Well maybe the mistakes should be taken care of before releasing it to the community! The majority don't complain about not having UK maps :P

andrewsmith

Custom title: If specified, this will replace the
Mar 15, 2017
Sceneryobjects\Stevo Buildings\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_4.sco
Sceneryobjects\Stevo Buildings\LCC Cottage Estate Repaint\vic_terraced_7.sco
is missing.

Sylar

Apr 30, 2017
Well maybe the mistakes should be taken care of before releasing it to the community! The majority don't complain about not having UK maps :tongueout:
haha its all i see on forums "WE NEED MORE UK MAPS" by people who have no understanding of the process and/or expect maps to pop up overnight. Like i said its my first map several times and thus im proud of it. I released it to the public and am glad i did because every negative reaction to an issue with my map prompts me to resolve that issue. Yeah it takes a while, yeah its not perfect but at least you know its being worked on by one person, one individual to blame and one individual to sort it out.

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
haha its all i see on forums "WE NEED MORE UK MAPS" by people who have no understanding of the process and/or expect maps to pop up overnight. Like i said its my first map several times and thus im proud of it. I released it to the public and am glad i did because every negative reaction to an issue with my map prompts me to resolve that issue. Yeah it takes a while, yeah its not perfect but at least you know its being worked on by one person, one individual to blame and one individual to sort it out.
Barely... NO one wants a map to pop up over night. They want quality not quantity! Take a look a Cotterell and BoTW. Look how much work has gone into them!

Look at Strathshire, Cranleigh etc... They have taken ages and they are most likely going to be another quality map out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.