Screenshot (365).png

OMSI wins :tongueout:
My opinion is actually OMSI anyway.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I agree with the above but the differences are that Fernbus is a new bus sim, better graphics, performance is better in areas OMSI still struggles with, not so much OMSI but the lack of willingness to improve it from the creators. That said; I've been playing OMSI since version 1 before any DLC talk, it was all community based and it was a good community; now it's all one up on each other with content. Some good some not so good but it's all good in my opinion because OMSIs core ethos is realism.

Fernbus, ETS and even Train Sim, are great simulators; but it is all looks and good performance but lack luster in it's feel; ETS though does look better now but OMSI has always been great since the first one.

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
I agree with the above but the differences are that Fernbus is a new bus sim, better graphics, performance is better in areas OMSI still struggles with, not so much OMSI but the lack of willingness to improve it from the creators. That said; I've been playing OMSI since version 1 before any DLC talk, it was all community based and it was a good community; now it's all one up on each other with content. Some good some not so good but it's all good in my opinion because OMSIs core ethos is realism.

Fernbus, ETS and even Train Sim, are great simulators; but it is all looks and good performance but lack luster in it's feel; ETS though does look better now but OMSI has always been great since the first one.
Actually, IMO Omsi has better physics than Fernbus and performance is better. Even the graphics (For Me) are better in Omsi

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Having picked it up again recently, I'm impressed with the improvements that have been made. It's a perfectly adequate 'sitting on the motorway' sim but not much else, tbh.

It falls short with its use of poor quality assets, particularly flora, as well as the mapping. Towns are dire, dated, and the autobahn just doesn't feel like Germany. Put some better assets in, redesign the motorways a bit to feel more German and it'd be getting close on to a good game.

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
This is just my opinion. But nothing has superceeded OMSI 2 as of yet. Also with a shed load of new DLC in terms of freeware and payware. Fernbus and Bus Simulator 16 will be waiting for a long time for a purchase from me. Even then, with the bus company add-on for OMSI 2 now available. I doubt that I will look at the other bus simulators for the time being :).

This is just my opinion. But nothing has superceeded OMSI 2 as of yet. Also with a shed load of new DLC in terms of freeware and payware. Fernbus and Bus Simulator 16 will be waiting for a long time for a purchase from me. Even then, with the bus company add-on for OMSI 2 now available. I doubt that I will look at the other bus simulators for the time being :).
ok I personally like the new addons for OMSI. I also think OMSI is the best and can be better.;)

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
ok I personally like the new addons for OMSI. I also think OMSI is the best and can be better.;)
I completely agree with you buddy ;). As my favourite type of buses I use the most are either British or Hong Kong buses as I do like to throw the Enviro 500 about on the "The South London Project" Map and BoTW as that map has a nice open road to floor it in that bus. Also the Enviro 500 from Winsome Studios is one of my favourite buses to drive as it has a nice cabview. The reason that Fernbus doesn't appeal to me at the moment is that there is no LHD maps or buses at the present time. But if they make any UK buses and maps as DLC. I think I would buy it just to see what the buses would be like to drive :).

My suggestion for the Fernbus developers would be to them to make a map of Cambridge with the newly introduced Alexander-Dennis Enviro 400's and add cyclists and lots of traffic as that map would be a challenge to play due to the narrow streets and lots of bicycles to avoid hitting :).

Here is a photo of one of those new buses in Cambridge.
59b172c4d201d095940d0fdd59c47ce4.jpeg
Stagecoach Cambridge 10808 (SN66WBE)
by BritishRail60062, on Flickr

Advertisement

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
I like the checking in of passengers and that you can make your own routes, but it's not as good as OMSI in my opinion. The graphics are alright, but the lighting is a bit odd. Also, it's incredibly difficult to repaint the coaches as they have rather confusing templates, with many of the panels and other parts of the coach where you don't expect them to be. Overall though, I'd say OMSI is better at giving you the bus driving experience that people want.

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Agree with the above - The sounds and physics especially with the G29 on pot holed roads (Fictional Szczecin) And trying to turn the wheel when navigating on rough asphalt I've not tried Fernbus but it does seem very arcade like and even TML themselves seem very childish in their approach to things, did you watch the Squirrel vid when he had TML and Aerosoft interviewed while playing Fernbus?

Sambob_12

Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Oh yeah, nearly forgot! I've experienced a few problems with my G29 in Fernbus. The other day it decided to stop working with the game and I had to uninstall & reinstall Logitech Gaming Software every time I wanted to play the game. Other people have had the issue too, so I'm guessing it's a problem with the game itself. Also, the game doesn't really have very good force feedback on the wheel which makes it just that bit more unrealistic and you have to spend a long time setting up the wheel to get it just right, such as changing the sensitivity of the brakes and the wheel.

Sambob_12

Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Yeh Fernbus has always struggled with wheels. They made a fix, but still it often fails to pick them up. You just have to keep reloading the game until it works.
I was reloading the game all day (making stuff) and it still didn't work properly. I looked online and nothing worked apart from reinstalling LGS.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

I completely agree with you buddy ;). As my favourite type of buses I use the most are either British or Hong Kong buses as I do like to throw the Enviro 500 about on the "The South London Project" Map and BoTW as that map has a nice open road to floor it in that bus. Also the Enviro 500 from Winsome Studios is one of my favourite buses to drive as it has a nice cabview. The reason that Fernbus doesn't appeal to me at the moment is that there is no LHD maps or buses at the present time. But if they make any UK buses and maps as DLC. I think I would buy it just to see what the buses would be like to drive :).

My suggestion for the Fernbus developers would be to them to make a map of Cambridge with the newly introduced Alexander-Dennis Enviro 400's and add cyclists and lots of traffic as that map would be a challenge to play due to the narrow streets and lots of bicycles to avoid hitting :).

Here is a photo of one of those new buses in Cambridge.
View attachment 16734
Stagecoach Cambridge 10808 (SN66WBE) by BritishRail60062, on Flickr
Enviro400MMC's are everywhere, and not so new anymore. Everywhere has cyclists, so not sure a German Bus Simulator Developer has any real need to look at Cambridge :tongueout: Pretty much anywhere in the UK is probably all the same to them. Plus its probably best they focus on improving the game itself before they try and come abroad.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Omsi 2 has more variety compared to fernbus. Some cool RHD coaches are gonna come out for Omsi 2 or the already made ones for LHD. So omsi already has options but i havnt seen a decent map dedicated to long coach driving.
Watch this space ;)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread