Fellowsfilm Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DVA_MEKA18

Back in december when I started the verification system, It was stated repeatedly over and over again by not only myself, but moderators. Not only did we state it, but it was also in the rooms general topic.
So December then I'm not trying to start an argument but it wasn't clear before then

helloleni

Eurovision Queen
Apr 1, 2016
@Bones, Backseat moderation only occurs if Moderation does not. If a moderator was on hand to deal with the matter, and the report function was not useless, then there would be no need to backseat moderate.

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
@Bones, Backseat moderation only occurs if Moderation does not. If a moderator was on hand to deal with the matter, and the report function was not useless, then there would be no need to backseat moderate.
There is no report function on the Discord server, and nonetheless, users did not mention appropriate people in many occasions to get things handled (via pm or in context)

So December then I'm not trying to start an argument but it wasn't clear before then
Regardless, It should be kind of obvious that if we are providing an extension of the forums and that the same rules do apply.

D

Deleted member 422

Far from hypocritical, It states directly in the rules that "Backseat Moderation" is not allowed and will not be tolerated, Rules that were on the forums applied on discord, and members continued to void the rules, not much we can do about that other than take the server down.

A private server would imply all members could get access by being a member; technically what we had before with the discord (needing to verify to get access). Our Slack page is for our own operations and ukdt related chatter, nothing more.

You're more than welcome for the time you spent here, and we are working towards improvements; We do hope to see you around if you decide to stay.
Not meaning to take this off topic, but at no point did I state in the post in question, that he was breaking any rules or told him to stop, so as far as I'm concerned, that isn't backseat moderation. However, its only a temporary warning point (as far as I'm aware) so as long as the warning point is abolished after the month, I'm happy to let that go.

Nope, the Discord was an extension of the forums. The forum rules have always applied there too.
I'm afraid I have to disagree. The forum rules were hardly every applied there.

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
Not meaning to take this off topic, but at no point did I state in the post in question, that he was breaking any rules or told him to stop, so as far as I'm concerned, that isn't backseat moderation. However, its only a temporary warning point (as far as I'm aware) so as long as the warning point is abolished after the month, I'm happy to let that go.
Warning points are never permanent unless it's a ban. Not singling you out with what I said, just referencing in general that backseat moderation is noted in the rules.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Rules applying somewhere and rules being applied are two subtly, but very different things... Unfortunately in the same way that the moderators often don't have enough spare time to moderate, our numerous attempts to re-write rules and such to fix issues and be more appropriate for some situations have failed because whoever tries to do it inevitably doesn't have the time...

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
Alright, I am going to close this thread from here out; If you have any concerns or questions, please PM me directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.