New Feature Feature Requests & Introductions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
The old Reactions system was our own extension to XenForo, but it's now been included in the core as per the latest update. We are however working on some enhancements, which you should start to notice over the next couple of weeks. What exactly is it you miss from the old system?
The one I miss most is the way reactions were displayed before. I'd rather have the separate icons with the number displayed next to them rather than it all bunched up and with the names there.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The old reactions used images, whereas the new ones use emoji - re-enabling the old ones causes some...issues. :P

Reactions: RS1995

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
The old reactions used images, whereas the new ones use emoji - re-enabling the old ones causes some...issues. :P
Correction: the old images are SVGs and the new ones are from a png sprite sheet... the old SVG images show up huge, and emojis show up too small... gah.

RS1995

Badgerline Enthusiast
Jul 24, 2018
Somerset
Pronouns
They/Them
Could we have a thread where people could list what buses they wish were in OMSI 2? I'd start with a proper Renown. Not the MM2 one we currently have. And maybe some older buses like the Lynx or Bristol RE.

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
As a request, I'd maybe add a UKDT-icon reaction, only for UKDT themselves, e.g. for Staff Pics, for very good mods that UKDT approve of. :)
Maybe even one for V3D Studios, if they want one. :)

Over on the BeamNG.forums, they've done something like this, see Staff Pick, BeamNG icon on topmost post. ;)

Last edited:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Hiya, we're not doing anything where staff show favouritism for specific members or where the UKDT officially "approves" of something which has been posted.

We already respond to content we like the same way as everyone else, if you need that kind of validation, and prior experience has shown that running any kind of competition for "best user" or similar tends to just end up in people posting endless streams of meaningless and unhelpful posts in an attempt to be spotted by a staff member.

Best download, maybe, but good content brings itself to the top anyway

SotM never left, it just gets forgotten about every now and then :oops:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread