Favourite engine? (1 Viewer)

Feb 12, 2016
What's your favourite engine? Can be from a bus, truck, bike, ship, car or whatever else has got an engine  xD . Got the idea from this CarThrottle post: https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wv5d4j6/

Personally I haven't really got a favourite bus engine, so I'm going to mention car engines. I generally prefer high-revving engines, so I'm gonna go for either the 458 Speciale's V8, the Lexus LF-A V10...but I also love the Evo, so I'm going to include the 4G63  :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I love the 2.8 TDI engines you get in the older 06-07 era VW Transporters, especially when you get a clear run and can shove your foot down. The Valenta engine is of course a given, and I can't resist rolling down the windows on the M25 to listen to  Rolls-Royce RB211.

Oh and the 3 litre hybrid diesel you get in 3 series BMW's. Sounds like a tractor at tickover, but then sounds like several layers of atmosphere being peeled away when you use launch control off the lights :P

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Oh god, the Valenta, of course... How dare I forget.

On that note, the EMD 12N-710G3B-T2 prime mover in the Class 66s is a good sounding thing, in my opinion, especially on startup. And on a different note, a Hunslet Alice class is a fine little engine.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread