Favourite Bus?? (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

FD&CO

Probably proud owner of FD Travel
Nov 8, 2020
South Wales
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm a 2000 and higher guy so a fave is this old beast and some lovely pointer darts are some of my favourites.
1610964305015.png

Reactions: ELT2003
DAF DB250 East Lancs Myllennium Lowlander - Some incredible buses that served Leicester (and Derby for a bit) very well. To my knowledge there's one or two others with a coach company down south, and they're brilliant.
Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 - Although I'm not very experienced with these, they are some great vehicles. I love it in OMSI 2 and I love that Confidence, my nearest coach company have acquired 2 of the best W-PAEs (32004 and 32008). Fingers crossed for an enthusiast event soon.
VDL DB250 Wright Pulsar Gemini - Specifically, the unique 4-speed voith variants found in Leicester (4746-4777). Still soldering on at Thurmaston depot, so far the only one lost was the one in that RTC 2 years ago.
Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini - Again, the 4-speed voiths unique to Leicester (4001-4014) initially, although they have since transferred to Maidstone (now 6138-6151).
Volvo Olympian NC Palatine I - Speed machines.
VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar 2 - All around brilliant buses, and the only ones I've known to get up Bradgate Hill on the A50 without overworking.
MCW Metrobus - A bit before my time, but some true legends. I liked the West Midlands ones.
Scania L94UB Wright Solar - There is no denying that the Wellglade batch are the best ones around.
Volvo B7L Wright Eclipse Metro - A true First icon for many years, and much missed.
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban (Euro 3) - An all around great experience.
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 2 - Spacious, luxurious, comfortable and quiet. The Skylink ones at Kinchbus were a superb piece of engineering. If you're reading this where they are now, please look after them.
Volvo B9TL East Lancs Olympus - This unique Yorkshire batch transferred to Wigston depot recently and I've seen them on my local route a few times. I haven't got round to getting on one yet because of the lockdown and other commitments, but they sound exciting and I can't wait to sample one.

Matty_T_98

Casual Observer
Mar 6, 2017
Liverpool
Vintage Buses:
AEC Regent III (Known to Londoners as the RT), AEC Bridgemaster, AEC Regal III. Would love to see one of these in OMSI 2! We need some vintage bus love!
Edit: Forgot to add the Bristol Lodekka.
Might as well just say every vintage bus... there's too many to list them all ????

Modern-ish buses:
ALX400 specifically the B7TL version, Dennis Dart w/ a nice Allison gearbox whine, Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown A bus that is much in need of a new model for OMSI 2

Modern buses:
Enviro 400, Enviro 400MMC, Enviro 200.

Last edited:
Reactions: LX7 and ELT2003

Advertisement

Apr 15, 2020
DAF DB250 East Lancs Myllennium Lowlander - Some incredible buses that served Leicester (and Derby for a bit) very well. To my knowledge there's one or two others with a coach company down south, and they're brilliant.
Volvo B7TL Alexander ALX400 - Although I'm not very experienced with these, they are some great vehicles. I love it in OMSI 2 and I love that Confidence, my nearest coach company have acquired 2 of the best W-PAEs (32004 and 32008). Fingers crossed for an enthusiast event soon.
VDL DB250 Wright Pulsar Gemini - Specifically, the unique 4-speed voith variants found in Leicester (4746-4777). Still soldering on at Thurmaston depot, so far the only one lost was the one in that RTC 2 years ago.
Volvo B7TL Wright Eclipse Gemini - Again, the 4-speed voiths unique to Leicester (4001-4014) initially, although they have since transferred to Maidstone (now 6138-6151).
Volvo Olympian NC Palatine I - Speed machines.
VDL SB200 Wright Pulsar 2 - All around brilliant buses, and the only ones I've known to get up Bradgate Hill on the A50 without overworking.
MCW Metrobus - A bit before my time, but some true legends. I liked the West Midlands ones.
Scania L94UB Wright Solar - There is no denying that the Wellglade batch are the best ones around.
Volvo B7L Wright Eclipse Metro - A true First icon for many years, and much missed.
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban (Euro 3) - An all around great experience.
Mercedes-Benz Citaro 2 - Spacious, luxurious, comfortable and quiet. The Skylink ones at Kinchbus were a superb piece of engineering. If you're reading this where they are now, please look after them.
Volvo B9TL East Lancs Olympus - This unique Yorkshire batch transferred to Wigston depot recently and I've seen them on my local route a few times. I haven't got round to getting on one yet because of the lockdown and other commitments, but they sound exciting and I can't wait to sample one.

1621 is still in service in Yorkshire, PN52XRM used to be in Leicester, rest of batch been scrapped. Regards to the Olympus, Wigston got lucky, they really have I hope they look after them as they was a fantastic bus and brilliant to ride on. I miss them up here

Well here's my selection
Guy Wulfrunian from 1959-65- someone has to like them - The first bus to have air suspension, disc brakes and yes a low floor!. They also had the smoothest ride you will ever have on a bus. If I had any skills in building this is the bus I would make for omsi2
AEC Swift -especially the Gt Yarmouth ECW bodied vehicles - great sound effects.
Bristol VRT3/ECW just a great classic - would be great to see one of these in Omsi and wide range of liveries
Leyland National Mk1 - great sounds from the O510 and really looking forward to this one coming to Omsi
Leyland Leopard/Alexander Y type (other bodies are available) simply a classic and great for a good thrashing on an express service
Bristol Lodekka FLF - These I only remember as staff buses running for Double two Shirts but they stood out and gave long service.

Slightly more modern I quite like the Leyland Lynx with good sounds - but don't tell anyone!

Reactions: ELT2003

Advertisement

Apr 16, 2016
The Gemini's were normally on my bus home for a while when 4776 and 4777 was used on the X50 between Derby and Stoke. They were great buses along with the Trent Solars as well. I do like the B7RLE's that we have at the moment as well. The Citaro's are now with McGill's, Greenock.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread