whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Welcome to Farthington!
a5c21c5677463f29062fed466ce64853.jpeg

1.3 update
I've fixed a whole lot of small, persistant issues in this update. Most notably I've updated (almost) all the road markings on my own road components to be compatible with the latest version of Roadhog's pack, and I've updated the version of Roadhog's pack to match, so there are no longer any compatibility issues. Hooray!

I've also made a few small optimisations in and around the town centre, as well as tidying up a few bits and pieces here and there. Don't expect anything revolutionary, but you might find things just a little bit smoother now.

There's also a other minor tweaks like appropriate registrations, English speaking passengers and more appropriate AI traffic, so all in all you should have a slightly yet significantly better experience :)

Introduction
Farthington is a moderately sized market town, set in the Cambridgeshire Fens. It is home to a small, independent bus operator, Kestrel, and is soon to be home to a Guided Busway. The map is currently in its infancy, with a single line - the route 001, a special service running from the town centre via the Park and Ride to the bus depot. There is also one AI line, the 208. The route has a scheduled time of 12 minutes end-to-end, and operates with two buses. Take it easy, there's more than enough for the journey - sit back and watch the scenery go by!

Before using the map, you must read the readme fully, as it contains links to the external files you will need to use the map, as well as the settings you will need to use to run the map properly. If you find an issue, make sure you read the readme before posting about it.

The readme is located in OMSI 2\Documents\Farthington Demo

In spite of its size, Farthington is a fairly 'heavy' map on system resources, so you'll need a half-decent PC to get a reasonable framerate. This is largely due to inefficient methods used in the map's construction. If you do get poor performance, try turning down the texture size or the AI, as these will improve your performance without taking too much away from the appearence of the map. There are bugs with the map - these are listed in the readme. I will try to fix as many of these as possible in future versions.

Full credits are given in the readme. If you find a fault with any of these credits, or find I have included something I am not entitled to, please let me know and I will rectify this ASAP.

Have fun!

Pictures

f33db57a5aee9035753919134674118c.jpeg

How to navigate Farthington Park and Ride
I've seen a lot of confusion about this in videos, so here's a quick guide:
Qpew6v9IlZ-GzX8OvNNAzulxsWS8xqsF.jpeg

In addition, do not stop at Station Road (on your left after the pedestrian crossing in Farthington) as this is a Guided Busway services only stop.

Repaints
You may find logos and suggested colour schemes for Kestrel, the map's bus company, in the OMSI 2\Documents\Farthington Demo\Livery folder. I have included two versions of the logo for different time periods. Unfortunately all of the buses in the depot wear the wrong ones, but I can fix that later...

FAQ
Is this it?

Maybe. I'm looking at picking it back up again, but there's a lot to do.
I have a problem...
Please read the readme before you post it here. If you do post, please include your logfile in spoiler tags.
Can I modify the map?
Full redistribution permissions are included in the readme file.
Will we ever get to drive the busway?
Probably not, unless the OMSI devs make a working busway mechanic. Of course, there's nothing to stop you driving along it in an off-service bus...
I get poor performance...
Sorry about that, I'll be trying to optimise the map for low-spec PCs in future versions.
Tips for those new to left-path maps
Remember that we drive on the left side of the road, and our speeds are in Miles Per Hour (MPH) for some daft reason! Here's a rough conversion guide:

20mph = 35kph
30mph = 50kph
40mph = 65kph
60mph = 100kph

Note that a lot of the left-path buses available are from Hong Kong, and will have speedometers which read in KPH.

Have fun!

- Chris

Last edited:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I am greedy for passengers though.
And this happened View attachment 10504

That happens when an AI car spawns on a segment which is inside a no-unscheduled-traffic area. presumably there's some tiny segment or other in there somewhere which I haven't spotted which is causing that to happen. It's not that uncommon IRL tho :P

Advertisement

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
oh is it because when I played the last version they spoke in German sorry still wating for the new on to download
May I suggest you try downloading the product before asking whether features will be added? ;)

EDIT: Oooooooohhhhhh, nice spot @ross4122 - damn. Looks like a minor revision is called for

• Haha
Reactions: RS1995

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
A few simple fixes:
  • Compatibility with current IomexLH roads
  • Registrations replaced with UK-style plates with appropriate local identifiers
  • Flaws in readme addressed
  • Changed priority settings on shrubbery objects, as if you can't play the map with the shrubberies turned on there's not much point in playing the map at all
If you already have v1.3.3 and would like the new registrations but would rather not download 0.7GB of file again, replace the contents of the registrations.txt in the map folder with this:

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Advertisement

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread