Fails and Mistakes (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I go to brake to slow down, but the ABS kicks in, knocking out my steering, and plunging me straight into a ditch
lRL the whole point of ABS is that you can still steer whilst braking heavily as it prevents the wheels locking up, maximise braking whilst retaining steering control, although I'm not sure how good the OMSI implementation is. But ABS isn't going to help you on ice anyway, you're in the lap of the Gods then.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
I figured i should start one of these because there isn't one yet.

First screenshot - I was manoeuvring the Reader's Exclusive bus to turn around for a better shot and this kinda happened.

View attachment 2740
Routemaster? ????
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean... also, what do you mean with "reader's exclusive bus"?
I'm genuinely curious. ????

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Routemaster? ????
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean... also, what do you mean with "reader's exclusive bus"?
I'm genuinely curious. ????
The CDN on this site had an issue sometime in the past and now the attachments displayed on the images aren't the ones originally on the post.

The routemaster is not mine, I believe it was Whistlehead's screenshot from What's on Your Workbench, many years ago. I wasnt even using Blender at the time I started that thread, but rather an extremely amateur repainter.

The readers exclusive bus was a union jack reskin for AD156s B9TL. I crashed it while taking a screenshot and it ended up partially submerged.

Reactions: FD&CO

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
The CDN on this site had an issue sometime in the past and now the attachments displayed on the images aren't the ones originally on the post.

The routemaster is not mine, I believe it was Whistlehead's screenshot from What's on Your Workbench, many years ago. I wasnt even using Blender at the time I started that thread, but rather an extremely amateur repainter.

The readers exclusive bus was a union jack reskin for AD156s B9TL. I crashed it while taking a screenshot and it ended up partially submerged.
Aha, that explains it. ;)
Thanks! ????

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Apparently the AI isn't a fan of using Citaro Gs as AI in Cotterell;

Two spawned inside each other, one was missing its entire livery and the other one had different setvars to what I'd specified in the CTI file
bendy1.png

Then a third one turned up, blocking the whole road and carrying the same fleet number and registration as the second, still with the wrong setvars
bendy2.png

Then the AI took them through the bus station, and as you can see the result was not pretty
bendy3.png

Then when they left the bus station, both of them had the trailer rotated a full 360 degrees, which messed up the articulation
bendy4.png

So anyway I think I'll be going back to using Renowns as AI...

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Apparently the AI isn't a fan of using Citaro Gs as AI in Cotterell;

Two spawned inside each other, one was missing its entire livery and the other one had different setvars to what I'd specified in the CTI file
View attachment 56204

Then a third one turned up, blocking the whole road and carrying the same fleet number and registration as the second, still with the wrong setvars
View attachment 56205

Then the AI took them through the bus station, and as you can see the result was not pretty
View attachment 56206

Then when they left the bus station, both of them had the trailer rotated a full 360 degrees, which messed up the articulation
View attachment 56207

So anyway I think I'll be going back to using Renowns as AI...
Yeah, that does look like quite the mess... hopefully the guys at the repair shop will be able to fix those buses!
Also, is that "CBC Bendy" livery your reskin? I'd love to see it released. :)

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Yeah, that does look like quite the mess... hopefully the guys at the repair shop will be able to fix those buses!
Also, is that "CBC Bendy" livery your reskin? I'd love to see it released. :)
I think the repair guys will have their work cut out, and there might have to be a rethink about who is allowed to drive the bendy buses from now on...
And yes that most certainly is 'CBC Bendy'. It needs smartening up and troubleshooting as to why some buses are blank and others have the wrong setvars.
I might do 'CBC Lo-Entry' for the rigid version too.

Advertisement

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
  • Haha
Reactions: GalWhv69

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
View attachment 58469
Spotted last November in Berlin... ????
I like how it looks as if the passengers are (over enthusiastically) flagging the bus down.
And the driver is using hand signals.

bus through hole.png

Meanwhile I was greeted with this view after pressing F4 to take a screenshot, the bus just peeping through the hole in the hedge.
Thought it was pretty worthy of a screenshot anyway. Undercover bus spotting!

Reactions: FD&CO

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread