Fails and Mistakes

Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
I like how it looks as if the passengers are (over enthusiastically) flagging the bus down.
And the driver is using hand signals.

View attachment 58486
Meanwhile I was greeted with this view after pressing F4 to take a screenshot, the bus just peeping through the hole in the hedge.
Thought it was pretty worthy of a screenshot anyway. Undercover bus spotting!
Yeah you're right, thanks! 😄
I really like your pic as well!
One question though: That ALX400 skin looks awesome, is it yours? And if not, do you know where could I find it?
Thanks! :)

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Yeah you're right, thanks! 😄
I really like your pic as well!
One question though: That ALX400 skin looks awesome, is it yours? And if not, do you know where could I find it?
Thanks! :)
Yes the ALX400 skin is mine - totally fictional but the colours are similar to a company relatively local to me called Redfern Travel.
There are a few 'variations on a theme' for the Trident and B7TL.
just making up coach operators now.png

Think I should release them??

(also if you're looking for a fail or mistake you could say the trees have been snowed on but not the ground....?)

Reactions: owen6116
Jun 28, 2018
Favourite Truck
Peterbilt
Yes the ALX400 skin is mine - totally fictional but the colours are similar to a company relatively local to me called Redfern Travel.
There are a few 'variations on a theme' for the Trident and B7TL.
View attachment 58497
Think I should release them??

(also if you're looking for a fail or mistake you could say the trees have been snowed on but not the ground....?)
Oooooh!! I absolutely ADORE these!! I love them a lot!
You releasing them would be a dream come true! :D
Thanks for this awesome pic & info!

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Erm, what....?
c1.png
c2.png
No idea what's happened, the road is trees, some tiles have vanished and numerous splines and objects are totally missing, missing textures or have the wrong textures. I mean like, how did the road get tree textures?
Guess I better check all my other maps now.

Hullian111

[SELF-ISOLATING]
Aug 5, 2017
Today, I learned the hard way that the Fleetline seat textures are very distorted.
20200323123801_1.jpg

One resize later, and... well, looks like there might not be any Stagecoach seats at all in the next Fleetline update. Unless that's how three-seater chairs had their moquettes done under Stagecoach? Just shift it a bit out of center, and it might be fine. But the less that can be said about the seat cushions, the better...
20200323124544_1.jpg

But on a positive note... this!
20200323124553_1.jpg

typojinx

Mr GM Buses
Apr 4, 2017
Today, I learned the hard way that the Fleetline seat textures are very distorted.
View attachment 59518

One resize later, and... well, looks like there might not be any Stagecoach seats at all in the next Fleetline update. Unless that's how three-seater chairs had their moquettes done under Stagecoach? Just shift it a bit out of center, and it might be fine. But the less that can be said about the seat cushions, the better...
View attachment 59519

But on a positive note... this!
View attachment 59520
Had the same issue with the GM Buses seat textures too on the Fleetline, but unlike your Stagecoach repaint, the trim around the stairs should be black/brown for GM Buses and not seat coloured! :(

Also... make sure you keep the solid block areas at the top and bottom...
1585169384468.png

Last edited:

typojinx

Mr GM Buses
Apr 4, 2017
... are you so great at making these repaints?! :eek:
I know you were referring to Mr. Floatford up there, but seriously – great job on that Renown's skin!! :D
Thanks! Atlanteans, Fleetlines and Olympians were the buses of my youth in North Manchester, which were then replaced with step Darts, B10BLE and a plethora of Dart SLF's by First in early 2000s and I remember them well.

The problem I find with recreating all this, is GM Buses and later First were into designs with solid block colours and stripes in a big way, so depending on the model, it's a frustrating process of constant tweaking of each corner by a couple of pixels each time, saving and reloading that gets it right as well as loads of research... While I was doing the Fleetline project, I had almost 500 tabs open in Chrome at one point, spread across Google image search, Flickr and various other sites covering all 4 side profiles and angles on the corners, interiors, depot logos, bodyside adverts and anything else that might come in handy!