Ever wanted a 1:1 Scale of ETS2? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 15, 2014
Well, you can pretend it's ETS2 in Outerra! It's a game that does a 1:1 scale of Earth and you can go anywhere on the ground so if some guy applied this to ETS2, we could ship trailers in real time! Of course, the distances would be allot smaller cause who would want to travel from one end of the map to the other? If I had to choose a 1:1 scale with Promods, it would be Denmark or Germany cause they kinda look like the USA.

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
I'm going to move this to Gaming Zone as it has little direct relevance to ETS2.

I've never heard of Outerra—thanks for sharing it! It's definitely a unique engine and probably took the developers a long time to build it.

Advertisement

Razor

Ex-staff
Jul 30, 2014
Minnesota
Follow up: I already am in love with this game. It has a lot of potential—and I really enjoy the first-person aspect of it. Although this is still in alpha, the graphics are pretty high resolution. The demo is very limited as it only allows you to drive one vehicle (an army transport vehicle.)
Be wary of changing the game settings, however. I changed it to full screen 1920x1080 and if you click "Restart and Apply" it attempts to update nonstop, which opened 8 instances of the game for me. It's already a resource hog, and with 8 of them open at once it can be pretty hectic. Other than that, I can see this game winning multiple awards!

Aug 24, 2014
but a 1:1 scale map would ruin the arcadey bit that ETS has though.

i mean, a full 24 hour trip to london? thats way, way more time for someone who actually drives a simulation in his spare time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread