Today is the day to start 1.27 Update Open Beta. It took us a bit more time than we anticipated to get the release prepared; we have been busy addressing problems reported during ATS Open Beta. Most of them would also be manifested in the ETS 2 builds, and it makes little sense to release anything with known issues.
No need to write about the Liftable Trailer Axles once again, but if you've missed it, you can find our previous mention about it here.
The fans who have already experimented with ATS Update Open Beta would of course already know about the differential lock that's coming with this wave of updates. This feature allows you to lock/unlock the differentials on the truck's wheels, to avoid wheelspin. It becomes quite handy in situations where you're hauling some really heavy cargo on an uneven road or unstable ground. The difference with differential lock on is very obvious and can save your day. We were testing it with really heavy trailers on dirty roads from the bottom of the biggest mines to the top.
This new feature is by default set to hotkey V, but keep in mind that you can turn differential lock on only when the truck is not moving fast.
For ETS2 specifically, the new version updates one element that brings the game in sync with ATS - cop cars in traffic. Police cars have unique looks for each country. It's not about just changing the colors or a texture on the same car model. We've created specific car models which we consider typical or representative for each country. They can give you fines, but they can do it only in the state where their jurisdiction belongs. So, if they happen to be lured outside of their homeland to another country, they can't take any of your hard-earned money anymore. But still, better take your feet off the pedals and obey the traffic law, because there are new sheriffs in towns!
Enough chit-chat? Ok. Here comes the full list of changes:
- Country Specific Police Cars AI
- Trailer Liftable Axles
- Differential Lock
- Adaptive transmission modes (power, normal, eco)
- Improved engine simulation model (friction, braking, consumption)
- Transmission input shaft simulation (double clutch)
- Volvo with Allison gearbox can shift up over 4 gear.
- Air pressure simulation improved (pressure buildup, cut-off sound, application pressure)
- Coin sound tweaked.
- FOV range increased to 40-120 degrees in adjuster.
- Engine brakes set to 3 positions (as most current truck have). For one-key-hold control you can still use full strength.
- If engine brake toggle input is not assigned, increase/decrease engine brake inputs work similar to retarder (in range from 0 to maximum)
- Multiple fueling points on gas stations
- g_force_economy_reset flag is disabled after economy reset.
- Single "overrides" (forced default) rule can be used instead of defaults-suitable rule pair across linked accessories.
- All pressure unit set consistently to bars (data, animation, dashboard ui).
- Nominal air_tank_pressure value added to chassis data.
- Changed interior animations: all air, oil and brake pressure (gauges, indicators)
- New interior animation: trailer axle lift (indicator), differential lock (button, indicator)
- New engine data: resistance_torque (measured at 2000rpm)
- Coin sound made moddable in the same way as other sounds (through ogg file).
WORLD OF TRUCKS
- Connecting DLC's owned by the player to his World of Truck account to make the content available for all World of Trucks features.
During open betas, we are operating a dedicated alternate site for World of Trucks, which is used to safely test all new features. Please visit World of Trucks Open Beta web for more information. Also check our modding wiki too to get details pertaining to mods for the game.
If you wish to participate in the open beta, you can find this version in public_beta branch on Steam. The way to access it is as follows: Steam client → LIBRARY → right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 → Properties → Betas tab → public_beta → 1.27 public beta. No password required.
Just as with the previous Open Beta releases - please keep in mind that this is still only a beta version of the update! You may experience instability and/or bugs and kinks. It’s completely okay if you want to wait for the final release. But if you are interested in providing feedback at this stage, be sure to let us know on our forum. We appreciate all your feedback immensely.
Read on the SCS Blog...
(Credit: SCS Software)