Euro Truck Simulator 2 now available as a beta on Mac

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
We are happy to announce that Euro Truck Simulator 2 is finally about to appear on Apple MacOS platform.

Please bear in mind that the current Mac build is still considered a beta and may contain bugs or other issues. If you already own the game license on Steam, and at the same time happen to be a Mac user bold enough to try a beta, we would be very happy to hear back from you on your experience with this testing release. But keep your patience in check if you consider buying the game just based on the existence of a beta - things happen, and we don't want to disappoint you guys if the beta process takes longer than we now hope.

The MacOS version of the game is not "just a port" - it is intended to be a first class citizen along with the Windows and Linux versions, based on the same living codebase. Therefore we should be able to always update all the different operating system versions in parallel and keep the feature sets in sync.

Adding Mac compatibility to our ever-changing game code was not an easy task, it has taken more effort and time than we anticipated. But choosing this approach was worth it. This preview version is in no way different from the official 1.15 version of ETS2, so people participating in the beta can already sing up to World of Trucks and take part in our SCS Polar Express special!

Leave your comments, thoughts and bug reports in our MAC beta forum please. Follow this step-by-step guide to obtain access to the beta on your computer.
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/12/euro-truck-simulator-2-now-available-as.html

View attachment 1371

ChubbyBearz

Aug 29, 2014
Favourite Truck
DAF
It's nice to see SCS porting ETS2 to the mac, not sure how well it'll run tho.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
I'll have to give this one a go! :P

Beefy32659

Oct 30, 2014
Cool :) my mates on MAC can play but ETS2MP doesn't work on Linux or MAC so that's a bit stupid because they still can't play with me!

MartyTheTrucker

Aug 30, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
Cool :) my mates on MAC can play but ETS2MP doesn't work on Linux or MAC so that's a bit stupid because they still can't play with me!
You can use a program called Wine on Linux which I've heard emulates Windows or something and you can play ETS2MP. Isn't there something similar on MAC?

KGB

Media Manager
Jan 13, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Didn't even know about this! Will give it a go I think. :)

RickH

Sep 3, 2014
I wonder if you can get MP running on it!

Iv seen people playing MP on Linux