ETS2 vs UKTS gameplay (1 Viewer)

Having played both UKTS and ETS2 I`m finding the differences in gameplay slightly annoying.
First off let me say that the physics of the vehicles in ETS2 is by far superior and the game is less resource heavy than UKTS so I prefer driving in ETS2.
But I like the gameplay of UKTS, you start by working for a company, are given a vehicle and a job to do. On delivery of the load there is the next load waiting in the same yard as you dropped off and you use the same vehicle again. You can choose to rest in the yard or carry on with the load. There is a continuation of gameplay which I prefer. You may get messages enticing you to go owner driver, or a better job offer from another company, but there is no pressure. Much like in real life where most haulage drivers work for a company.
In ETS2 it is slightly odd, you choose a job which has a certain truck attached to it. Complete the job and the `completed` screen pops up. You then have the choice of several jobs to choose from, each with it`s own vehicle at various monetary values. You may have dropped your load in London, but are then able to pick a job picking up in Paris, click the job and magically you are dumped in the Paris yard. No thought or cost as to how you got there at all in the game. There is no continuation of gameplay or vehicle as in UKTS. There is also this pressure to go owner driver in order to `free roam`.
Also in UKTS there was the `dozing` feature and the rest stops. So far in ETS2 I haven`t dozed off once despite driving for days ?
Lastly why no used truck sales ? Real life new owner drivers rarely purchase brand new trucks, as they need the money for working capital.
It is only a game after all, but I would prefer the gameplay of UKTS with the physics of the ETS2 vehicles.
Just a personal opinion.

Having played both UKTS and ETS2 I`m finding the differences in gameplay slightly annoying.
First off let me say that the physics of the vehicles in ETS2 is by far superior and the game is less resource heavy than UKTS so I prefer driving in ETS2.
But I like the gameplay of UKTS, you start by working for a company, are given a vehicle and a job to do. On delivery of the load there is the next load waiting in the same yard as you dropped off and you use the same vehicle again. You can choose to rest in the yard or carry on with the load. There is a continuation of gameplay which I prefer. You may get messages enticing you to go owner driver, or a better job offer from another company, but there is no pressure. Much like in real life where most haulage drivers work for a company.
In ETS2 it is slightly odd, you choose a job which has a certain truck attached to it. Complete the job and the `completed` screen pops up. You then have the choice of several jobs to choose from, each with it`s own vehicle at various monetary values. You may have dropped your load in London, but are then able to pick a job picking up in Paris, click the job and magically you are dumped in the Paris yard. No thought or cost as to how you got there at all in the game. There is no continuation of gameplay or vehicle as in UKTS. There is also this pressure to go owner driver in order to `free roam`.
Also in UKTS there was the `dozing` feature and the rest stops. So far in ETS2 I haven`t dozed off once despite driving for days ?
Lastly why no used truck sales ? Real life new owner drivers rarely purchase brand new trucks, as they need the money for working capital.
It is only a game after all, but I would prefer the gameplay of UKTS with the physics of the ETS2 vehicles.
Just a personal opinion.
I prefer UKTS in driving using keyboard because I only uses Keyboard but If I have a Controller Such as Trustmaster/Logitech I will use it to ETS2 but it is so Expensive.

Advertisement

Would be interesting if someone could do a short drive on UKTS across the UK, and then do the same trip on ETS2 just to compare the differences :p
I`ve done both and there isn`t any noticeable difference, I think they use the same map on both games. The main difference is the style of gameplay.
As an example my grandaughter had a go on ETS2 today, created her profile then drove terribly trying to get used to the game and the wheel. Jammed the trailer up so I detached it and tried to get her another job, but couldn`t as it wanted to cancel the previous job at a cost of 12,000 which she didn`t have. So i had to delete her profile and create it again. In the end I put UKTS on, and she happily drove around `free roaming` the map without a trailer and getting used to the roads.

Reactions: Max
I`m slowly warming to the game now. I`m treating it as if I was working for an agency, and racked up £100,000 so far.
If I could then I`d just carry on with the agency work but in order to free roam I have to buy a truck which I see no advantage in.
The money I get from `agency` work is good, I`m presuming that once I buy my own truck then the money will be better in order to offset the cost of fuel, fines, damage, servicing and all the other costs associated with being an owner driver.
I`m still slightly frustrated that I have to buy a new truck rather than a used one. I`m sure scs could build in some `faults` for used models such as slightly slower or less economical, to bring out the `used` element.

Advertisement

It was a Merc LPS1632, there was a vid on youtube, the download link was in the description. Although the file title was LPS1632 it was an exe file, I should have known better really. The PC was bombarded with a huge amount of rubbish which just kept coming. Malwarebytes and ADW Cleaner seemed to sort it but when restarted all I got was a black screen. No more mods for me I think.

Advertisement

It was a Merc LPS1632, there was a vid on youtube, the download link was in the description. Although the file title was LPS1632 it was an exe file, I should have known better really. The PC was bombarded with a huge amount of rubbish which just kept coming. Malwarebytes and ADW Cleaner seemed to sort it but when restarted all I got was a black screen. No more mods for me I think.

I'd advise you only to download mods from websites like www.ets2.lt . Little to none chance of getting a virus from there.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread