ETS2 MP Project Closed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Dec 29, 2013
yeah April fools' day jokes are not doing well in this community.

That is why SCS and ProMods didn't make one... some people in the community can't take it :oops:

Look at some of the comments on the ATS Facebook page from their April Fools joke :p I thought it was quite funny, maybe because I obviously knew it was a joke but I guess some people were actually expecting a free public beta lol.

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
I read some of the comments left on the ATS Facebook page last night and I picked out some of my favorites...

"not amused! Bad jokes can cost companies some serious money."

"It's not even April Fools Day here, may a diseased Yak take a liking to your sister."

"Not funny at all pretty sad really"

Obviously, these are just a handful of some of the bad comments, but the majority found the humorous side to it. Think of it this way, the post has way over 200 likes, over 100 comments, and over 35 shares. The post also reached over 13,000 people! Subsequently, there was over 400 people online on trucksim.org yesterday... The page also gained 277 likes within an hour.

If that isn't great publicity for both trucksim.org and SCS Software, then I don't know what is :)

Advertisement

Muzz

The Baron
May 25, 2009
London, UK
www.trucksim.org
haha the most funny thing about the ATS fan page is that alot of people think that it's being run by SCS

But trucksim.org has an ATS fanpage (biggest I guess, @Muzz @Max know more about that I guess ;) )

I never post anything for that page :rolleyes:
When I started the page, there was only about 50 likes, and it was easier to deal with questions and comments that only an official representative from SCS could answer, now with over 5.5k likes (making us the largest ATS community, and with 6 admins) the comments and questions are a lot trickier to handle, because they come in their hundreds. The URL is AmericanTruckSimulatorUnofficial, and in the description there is "This is an unofficial fanpage" - the majority still think this is the official page.

I'm going to revise the admin roles for the page shortly anyway - there's a few stale admins that aren't doing anything, and I'd prefer to bring in people who are experienced, passionate and enthusiastic about the game, rather than someone who's just there for the title of being admin on a large page. Even if that means having a smaller team, of you, me, Max and one other - which maybe it will be better that way as communication between us will be improved :) Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread