Error While Starting OMSI (1 Viewer)

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Hello (again)
Ever since the bright sparks at Aerosoft stopped my copy of OMSI 1 from working, I've been using OMSI 2 up until now. Unfortunately, my computer broke and the operating system (Windows 10, I'm one of the poor souls who has to deal with this OS) had to be reinstalled.

When I installed OMSI 2 a few days ago, it went fine, but when I came to actually play the game today there was an error when the first screen appeared (even before the menu).

There was a typical Zugriff error, followed by 'eigenschaft visible kann in onshow oder onhide nicht verandert werden' - which the mighty Google has translated as 'property visible can not be changed in onshow or onhide'

I reinstalled OMSI twice, but to no avail. The error persists and I can't get past the initialising screen. Has anyone else had this trouble?

fail - Copy.png

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'd be grateful. (Because right now zero out of my two copies of OMSI are working!)
Cheers! : D

There are many possibilities but sadly I can only guess, it might be the case that after you installed the game, your computer then caught up on weeks/months worth of updates and any one of these could have caused an issue with directx or depending on whether or not you did a complete factory reset, certain drivers may have been rolled back automatically...
To start off with I'd see what the omsi logfile has to say after you have tried to start it up and it wouldn't hurt to make sure all of your graphics card drivers (intel/nvidia etc.) are up to date too.

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
There are many possibilities but sadly I can only guess, it might be the case that after you installed the game, your computer then caught up on weeks/months worth of updates and any one of these could have caused an issue with directx or depending on whether or not you did a complete factory reset, certain drivers may have been rolled back automatically...
To start off with I'd see what the omsi logfile has to say after you have tried to start it up and it wouldn't hurt to make sure all of your graphics card drivers (intel/nvidia etc.) are up to date too.

Thanks for your reply. I also posted the problem here: OMSI 2 Error While Initialising/On Startup
It contains the logfile and a little more info, and I do think directx is the problem.

I just don't know how to fix!

(as a footnote I don't mind if anyone replies here or on Aussiex because I'd just kind of like OMSI back!)

LH275

????????????
Dec 9, 2016
London
I know a way to see problems produced by DirectX. If you press the Windows Key + R then type dxdiag a window should appear. Click on the "Display" tab at the top. At the bottom of the window it should state any problems found in a box titled "Notes". As I've never had any DirectX problems I don't really know what the box will say or if doing this will even help your situation but it's worth a try. All I know is if the box says "No problems found" then..well that's quite self explanatory, there's no problems.

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
I know a way to see problems produced by DirectX. If you press the Windows Key + R then type dxdiag a window should appear. Click on the "Display" tab at the top. At the bottom of the window it should state any problems found in a box titled "Notes". As I've never had any DirectX problems I don't really know what the box will say or if doing this will even help your situation but it's worth a try. All I know is if the box says "No problems found" then..well that's quite self explanatory, there's no problems.

No problems found. I wonder what it is then... ?

One thing I'd advise to try is to go into the Omsi 2 root folder/ _Commonredist folder/ DirectX Folder/ Jun2010, and look for "DXSETUP.EXE"... Steam may not be installing certain components correctly when you re-install Omsi so run this and then go back to the Omsi 2 root folder. Now look for Omsi.exe, right click it and click Properties, go to the compatibility tab and make sure "Run this program as an Administrator" is ticked, if it isn't then tick it press apply and then try and run omsi again... Hopefully one of these will fix it!

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
One thing I'd advise to try is to go into the Omsi 2 root folder/ _Commonredist folder/ DirectX Folder/ Jun2010, and look for "DXSETUP.EXE"... Steam may not be installing certain components correctly when you re-install Omsi so run this and then go back to the Omsi 2 root folder. Now look for Omsi.exe, right click it and click Properties, go to the compatibility tab and make sure "Run this program as an Administrator" is ticked, if it isn't then tick it press apply and then try and run omsi again... Hopefully one of these will fix it!

Thanks for the advice. I tried it but it didn't seem to work. However I did happen to stumble across a solution.

In the compatibility tab, I messed about with a few other options and found that by checking the box "override DPI scaling behaviour" and selecting 'application' from the drop-down menu meant OMSI ran as normal.
The only abnormal thing was the main menu and all the menu-related stuff (like the ALT panel and the 'crash you knocked over a pedestrian' thing) were small - but it works for now!
:D

Windows 10 and DPI (Dots Per Inch) scaling don't tend to get on at the best of times lol I had a ton of trouble when upgrading to a computer with a full 1080 output, I also have the smaller Omsi menu boxes too but you get used to it after a few days!
ETS2 was a fun one, by default it was displaying at the lowest possible resolution, 640x420, talk about a challenge....

One more thing I'd recommend while its working, IF you have an external HDD, make a full backup of the Omsi 2 folder just incase it goes tits up again ;)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread