Fixed ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED on EE Chrome

Hullian111

bruh momentum
Aug 5, 2017
Bug Type
Application Issue
I cannot view the site on my EE phone on Chrome, as it throws the error ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED. As such, due to the latest priject I am undertaking, being done in my spare time in college with only my phone and laptop, neither of which are connected to any WiFi networks, I am facing significant hinderance in my project.

As it turns out, this also affects my laptop when I put it on a hotspot from my phone? Is this and EE issue, or is this a site issue? I can access the site perfectly fine on my KCOM WiFi, meanwhile.

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
Sorry to hear this is causing you problems. This issue was reported to us earlier today and we have already started investigating alongside our datacentre partners. We will keep you updated here: Network Status - Fellowsfilm Ltd

Hullian111

bruh momentum
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, still isn't loading. Knocked me out while I was out on holiday in a caravan park last month - I hope efforts are being made to fix it.

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, still isn't loading. Knocked me out while I was out on holiday in a caravan park last month - I hope efforts are being made to fix it.
Hi Hullian11,

At the data centre level we have contacted our upstream partners to verify our uplink to EE customers is indeed working, it seems this is directly an issue on EE’s side.

The only things I can suggest to resolve the issue is to call EE directly and complain about their peering, alternatively if you have the knowledge, an iperf report to our server would be very helpful, however this test cannot be run on mobile and is not user friendly.

Two other points to confirm, if you go to google and type in “what’s my IP address” do you get an IPv6 address or an IPv4 address?

Can you directly connect to our server via ip?
fellowsfilm.co.uk v4 145.239.6.111
fellowsfilm.co.uk v6 59082001:41d0:800:26f::

Hullian111

bruh momentum
Aug 5, 2017
Just would like to update that earlier (5PMish), FellowsFilm was working on EE mobile data, all the way out in the countryside! Has something been fixed?

Bones

VersoBit Extraordinaire
Administrator
Sep 27, 2016
Just would like to update that earlier (5PMish), FellowsFilm was working on EE mobile data, all the way out in the countryside! Has something been fixed?
Hi Hullian111,

We have made some changes on our side as we detected an issue with our DNS servers, EE and a couple other carriers who support IPv6 were not properly peering with us.

ISP's unfortunately fail to utilize "Fallback to v4" in the event IPv6 fails to complete it's transaction with your end device; For now we have elected to disable IPv6 on Fellowsfilm until a later date we can confirm IPv6 is properly functioning the UK region.

Glad everything is working for you now.