Eclipse Gemini B7TL or B9TL (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
There's no such thing as a 'gemini 2 b7tl'.
You have:
Wright Eclipse Gemini 1 bodied Volvo B7TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 1 bodied Volvo B9TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 bodied Volvo B9TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 bodied Volvo B5LH/B5TL./Wright Streetdeck.
Trust me, I live in a city that has both types of B9TLs, B7TLs and StreetDecks...

Reactions: MrChips

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
There's no such thing as a 'gemini 2 b7tl'.
You have:
Wright Eclipse Gemini 1 bodied Volvo B7TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 1 bodied Volvo B9TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 bodied Volvo B9TL
Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 bodied Volvo B5LH/B5TL./Wright Streetdeck.
Trust me, I live in a city that has both types of B9TLs, B7TLs and StreetDecks...
That's also incorrect, you do not get Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 bodied Streetdecks. You get buses with the Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 bodywork, and you get buses with the Streetdeck bodywork. Not both.

That's a B7TL because of the way of the lights
B7TL's finished production in 2006 this was new in 2008 that makes it a B9TL i do not see how the lights would make it a B7TL if it was but its not :)

Streetdecks are integral, Gemini IIIs are Volvo :)

Could be wrong but if i remember correctly Gemini IIIs have gasket windows and Streetdecks have Bonded windows, sure thats one difference between them? i think.

Advertisement

B7TL's finished production in 2006
Could be wrong but if i remember correctly Gemini IIIs have gasket windows and Streetdecks have Bonded windows, sure thats one difference between them? i think.

The B9TL 4X2 started production in 2006 with the last B7TLs being built in 2007. (There's a batch in Glasgow which share the same registrations marks "SF07" where one half of the batch are B7TL and the later half are B9TL).

The Glazing type has nothing to do with the chassis.

The B9TL 4X2 started production in 2006 with the last B7TLs being built in 2007. (There's a batch in Glasgow which share the same registrations marks "SF07" where one half of the batch are B7TL and the later half are B9TL).

The Glazing type has nothing to do with the chassis.
Arh thank you for correcting me on that matter, however i was not stating the glazing has anything to do with the chassis more the body, if you actually look you'll (i researched since my last post) that Gemini IIIs do in fact have gasket and Streetdecks have bonded although as always bonded glazing could appear on a Gemini III on operators request :)

It seems as though it has always been a thing with Wrightbus as that was one way to tell the difference between an Eclipse and Pulsar although both had been manufactured with Bonded/gasket on request :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
These days, UK built bus bodies are generally offered with bonded glazing by default, with an option of gasket that can be specified by operators. As an example, Stagecoach almost always specify gasket where possible, except the latest ADL stuff with QRG.

In the rest of the EU and in Hong Kong bonded glazing has been the norm for a couple of decades now. I think bonded can accept thicker glass too (such as double glazing for its insulative properties).

Bonded is smoother inside and out with a neater appearance (also making for less dirt traps and easier cleaning). The downside is if a window is smashed and/or needs replacing, you have to wait for the bonding agent to cure before the bus can be driven on the road again which takes a few hours whereas bonded glazing can just be popped in and out as it's secured by the rubbers.

Reactions: ABZBuses
Jul 1, 2016
Arh thank you for correcting me on that matter, however i was not stating the glazing has anything to do with the chassis more the body, if you actually look you'll (i researched since my last post) that Gemini IIIs do in fact have gasket and Streetdecks have bonded although as always bonded glazing could appear on a Gemini III on operators request :)

It seems as though it has always been a thing with Wrightbus as that was one way to tell the difference between an Eclipse and Pulsar although both had been manufactured with Bonded/gasket on request :)

Gemini 3s with bonded glazing...
Go North East - Go North East: 6309 / NK67ECE
Transdev - Harrogate Bus Company: 3628 | BL65 YZC
Translink - Euro Bus Expo 2014 Wrightbus Gemini 3 Volvo B5TL
Bus Eireann - New Bus Eireann Wrightbus Gemini 3 VWD28

StreetDecks with bonded glazing...
National Express West Midlands - 3301 SM65 WNC
Go North East - Go North East-6305,Wright Streetdeck

And StreetDecks with gasket glazing...
Arriva - SL16 YPH
Arriva - Farewell Arriva 258

This practically shows everyone the opposite of what you've said, and I do believe that bus operators decide what glazing they want on their vehicles, the same goes for any other manufacturer.

Reactions: Macauley

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread