Maps East Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

Welcome To Yorkshire!

Teaser Trailer:

The Map:

A Freeware route that will include miles of road from Pocklington To Market Weighton(Beta Release) The route will then be expanded even further for V1 Release. Includes Local Villages with custom buildings. Exact Road Layout and elevation, and realistic scenery.

Beta Release Date:
Not Confirmed

Recommended Buses:
Gemini 2
Enviro 400

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Welcome To Yorkshire!

Teaser Trailer:

The Map:

A Freeware route that will include miles of road from Pocklington To Market Weighton(Beta Release) The route will then be expanded even further for V1 Release. Includes Local Villages with custom buildings. Exact Road Layout and elevation, and realistic scenery.

Beta Release Date:
Not Confirmed

Recommended Buses:
Gemini 2
Enviro 400

A lot of your scene's in that trailer seem to fall a bit short in terms of scenery. I recommend not placing the MC Tree's hedge objects right next to the road and nothing else. This leaves a rather ragged look, and something similar to the level expected from the days of Omsi1. Take a look at some of the upcoming maps open stretches and you will see hardly any use this method. Most of them focus more on roadside shrubs and fencing.
upload_2017-2-17_18-6-32.png

In the opening shot, I can see that the pavement just to the right of the bus seems to have mysterious powers of elevation. The fence dead in front of the camera needs to be raised to 0.25m in order to show properly.
upload_2017-2-17_18-8-12.png

In the last shot here, you can see that the pavement seems to just have a gap in it, with no form of end either side. Try using Road-Hog123's Prefab Corner Objects, found in the downloads section to round it off a bit. Also, the telegraph wire seems incredibly saggy. it might be worth changing the gradient at each end of the spline to a lower number.

I know this is only the start of your map, which is why I am hopeful that these flaws and errors can be rectified before they become to involved in the map to change. Another thing, is that making your own objects give your map a new feel and quality, unlike anything before, and not just reusing the same old textures and objects. Therefore it would be a real shame to see other area's let it down for you.

Lastly, seeing as you intend to make your own objects, I presume you know a thing or two about textures. Because of this, it should not be to much of a trouble, to re-texture some of your road splines in order to give off something new :P

Regards,
Kieron

In light of some people recently taking advice in the wrong way, I meant this all in good intentions, and not in any form of offensiveness.

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
A lot of your scene's in that trailer seem to fall a bit short in terms of scenery. I recommend not placing the MC Tree's hedge objects right next to the road and nothing else. This leaves a rather ragged look, and something similar to the level expected from the days of Omsi1. Take a look at some of the upcoming maps open stretches and you will see hardly any use this method. Most of them focus more on roadside shrubs and fencing.
View attachment 7801
In the opening shot, I can see that the pavement just to the right of the bus seems to have mysterious powers of elevation. The fence dead in front of the camera needs to be raised to 0.25m in order to show properly.
View attachment 7802
In the last shot here, you can see that the pavement seems to just have a gap in it, with no form of end either side. Try using Road-Hog123's Prefab Corner Objects, found in the downloads section to round it off a bit. Also, the telegraph wire seems incredibly saggy. it might be worth changing the gradient at each end of the spline to a lower number.

I know this is only the start of your map, which is why I am hopeful that these flaws and errors can be rectified before they become to involved in the map to change. Another thing, is that making your own objects give your map a new feel and quality, unlike anything before, and not just reusing the same old textures and objects. Therefore it would be a real shame to see other area's let it down for you.

Lastly, seeing as you intend to make your own objects, I presume you know a thing or two about textures. Because of this, it should not be to much of a trouble, to re-texture some of your road splines in order to give off something new :tongueout:

Regards,
Kieron

In light of some people recently taking advice in the wrong way, I meant this all in good intentions, and not in any form of offensiveness.
Thank you for the advice, I am always open to feedback as I want the map to be best as possible. In terms of the MC Tree's Hedge objects next to the road, have you got an examples of the specific files I could use instead?

The Elevated path is what is meant to be, I just need to fill the space in below it:
upload_2017-2-17_18-35-53.png

Thanks for all the other advice it will deffo be changed!

I will also look are re texturing splines, thanks:)

D

Deleted member 422

Thank you for the advice, I am always open to feedback as I want the map to be best as possible. In terms of the MC Tree's Hedge objects next to the road, have you got an examples of the specific files I could use instead?

The Elevated path is what is meant to be, I just need to fill the space in below it:
View attachment 7805

Thanks for all the other advice it will deffo be changed!

I will also look are re texturing splines, thanks:)
For the raised kerb, you can use the Pavement_Mid_Tall.sli avaliable in Iomex's pack.

As for the hedge row. As I said, look at some other maps and see they use different fence wall splines (of which, many can be found in Whistleheads and Iomexs packs), as well as farm houses, Iomex Flora and ground textures to create fields. Behind all of this backdrops can be used as well to fill up any space left. If you load BoTW LE in the editor, and move along to the section between Totnes Hill and the Berry Pomeroy section, you will see what I mean, as well as you can click on objects, splines and textures to see how it fits together.

Advertisement

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
All sounds good!! I wish you the best of luck with the Project!! So you will be including a bit of the 45/46, X46/X47 etc?
Thanks, Yes That's right!

For the raised kerb, you can use the Pavement_Mid_Tall.sli avaliable in Iomex's pack.

As for the hedge row. As I said, look at some other maps and see they use different fence wall splines (of which, many can be found in Whistleheads and Iomexs packs), as well as farm houses, Iomex Flora and ground textures to create fields. Behind all of this backdrops can be used as well to fill up any space left. If you load BoTW LE in the editor, and move along to the section between Totnes Hill and the Berry Pomeroy section, you will see what I mean, as well as you can click on objects, splines and textures to see how it fits together.
Okay Thanks for the help!

I see you're using my repaint! :) Feel free to use it in your map.
I'm currently doing a few fixes for it at the moment, I'll send you the updated version when I've finished if you want.
Yes I am! Thanks that would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread