Duplicate entries in bus selection menu

• Please note that answers to questions that receive more than 5 collective down votes will be automatically hidden.

Sparrow 76

Sep 3, 2016
I dont know if any one else has this problem, but When I select a bus I get an option of about the same buses 3 times and only 1 workes. This happend after I reinstalled this vehciles. Plz help. Thx.

Sparrow 76

Sep 3, 2016
No its not massive but just make it aware and would be nice if sorted i will try reinstalling the buses again.

simulatorguy101

Custom Content Creator
Apr 5, 2016
I've not had that issue with the C400, bearing in mind that's meant to have 3 different version, that being the ZF Ecolife, Voith DIWA and the Express version (Which is basically the Scania). The Levante I have the same issue, haven't figured out what that is about yet.

Sparrow 76

Sep 3, 2016
I have sorted it out for the b9tl by reininstalling it, but it just wont work for either of those 2. It was fine on my other computer?

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Forum Moderator
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
The Caetano Levante has 2 different body types; B9R (4 wheels) and B11R (longer & has 6 wheels)

are there duplicate .bus files in the folders for the buses?

Last edited by a moderator:

HJALMAR

Dec 19, 2016
When you have two buses with the same name in the omsi menu, it usually means that there either is a duplicate of an existing bus folder or something has not installed correctly. Every bus that's selectable in the menu has to have a .bus file of it. And in the file is as follows:

EXAMPLE:
Code:
[friendlyname]
London Citybus
B5TL / Gemini 2 EuroV
London Red

[description]
B5TL
London dual door specification
Gasket glazing

[end]
Now if there are two busfiles with the same properties then you get the effect.

Sparrow 76

Sep 3, 2016
Ok I have checked that, but what I cant understand is when I reinstalled it it is still there. Everything is out the file the same?

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Forum Moderator
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Favourite Truck
Scania
there's nothing that shouldn't be in your folders from what I can see, so it may be something inside the .bus files themselves? Not too sure... :confusion: