Driving in the North and Oculus Rift DK2 support (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2014
Some awesome news for our oculus rift players!

SCS Software said:
We are happy to read mostly positive reactions to the ETS2 1.11 update. It's encouraging for the team to hear that you like the stuff we create and we sure look forward to bring you more goodies over time.

Meanwhile in our office, work on the next big Euro Truck Simulator 2 expansion continues on all fronts: roads and cities are getting built, new companies and cargos are getting created, new ferries and ports are getting opened. For now, check out some fresh images from the almost ready Växjö [ˈvɛkːˈɧøː] city.
Another milestone release happened yesterday. We have updated our Steam experimental branch with new Oculus Rift support.
Now it supports not only the DK1 model, but DK2 as well. The new added feature of DK2 - head tracking - works like a charm, so now it's possible to lean back and forth and rotate your head and it'll translate beautifully inside the truck interior. And the new feature from 1.11 update - Seat Adjustment - allows to make seat position just right for you for a very immersive experience.

Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/08/driving-in-north-and-oculus-rift-dk2.html

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4D1L

Advertisement

I have never known a developer like SCS. They listen to the community and make fantastic games however some may consider that SCS works slow but in my opinion good things need time to be made.

Oovee (Spin Tires Developers) are the closest to SCS in terms of interaction with the community and most importantly responding to feature requests.
This is what I think?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread