Drivers resting foot on dashboard (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2016
003c4896bf21d04bf9ee1df28e51e3a2.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
Some drivers like to be lax like that, since they only need to control the pedals with the right foot, since I believe on them they are on the same side of the steering column (right hand), so drivers don't need the left foot, therefore putting it wherever they please

Advertisement

May 24, 2016
Some drivers like to be lax like that, since they only need to control the pedals with the right foot, since I believe on them they are on the same side of the steering column (right hand), so drivers don't need the left foot, therefore putting it wherever they please

Yes, it's standard for pedals to be one the right side of the steering column, so the left foot is entirely redundant.

Yes, this is true as the vehicle doesn't need a clutch and you should really only use one foot for both brake and accelerate, but I don't feel this is appropriate and here is my reason why:
It is good to be and feel relaxed while driving, but he needs to be ready to react to an emergency. With his foot there he will struggle to brace and prepare himself to come to a stop or to take any other form of action. The angle of his body will stop him from being able to switch peddle easily, even with the other foot as his left foot is pushing his body away from the front of the cab.

Oct 23, 2016
Yes, this is true as the vehicle doesn't need a clutch and you should really only use one foot for both brake and accelerate, but I don't feel this is appropriate and here is my reason why:
It is good to be and feel relaxed while driving, but he needs to be ready to react to an emergency. With his foot there he will struggle to brace and prepare himself to come to a stop or to take any other form of action. The angle of his body will stop him from being able to switch peddle easily, even with the other foot as his left foot is pushing his body away from the front of the cab.

I agree with you completely, he needs to be ready if an emergency arises. Safety of the passengers are a bus drivers number 1 priority.

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
I agree with you completely, he needs to be ready if an emergency arises. Safety of the passengers are a bus drivers number 1 priority.
but the brakes are completely on the right hand side

but the brakes are completely on the right hand side
I don't think you understand though, the driver would be able to use the brakes, but it would be harder to change pedals, and harder to brace himself for an impact. Being in that possession in a collisions is quite hazardous too.

D

DVA_MEKA18

I don't think you understand though, the driver would be able to use the brakes, but it would be harder to change pedals, and harder to brace himself for an impact. Being in that possession in a collisions is quite hazardous too.
I see my Uno bus drivers doing this on Enviro 200 Only i dont generally see it in any other bus as they is no room xD

Advertisement

BML_Atkinson

Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Stanley
I don't think YOU understand, the drivers left foot is useless. The pedals are on his right side, not left, so he doesn't need his left foot. You do know humand can move both legs at the same time yes?

You only need one foot to drive a automatic. Both pedals are on the right hand side, no need to use both. In a Manual Car, you use your right foot for accelerator and brake and only use clutch with left, you're not meant to use your left for the brake

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2016
While the leg is actually not needed as stated, it is illegal to do such a thing when behind the wheel of a PSV vehicle whist operating Service, most companies will issue drivers with a fine or something as such as it is classed as driving with undue care and attention i know Arriva are very strict with such actions! :)
Its not illegal atall, i used to do it and its not an issue.

Advertisement

Doesn't exactly look great though does it? Be like putting your feet on the reception desk in an office job.
I think it makes little difference to how people view the busses in this country. Most people see them as awful anyway, and already have very low expectation (apart from us bus fans though :))

Reactions: Frenzie 2

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread