Driver eye point Origin (1 Viewer)

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
Hi All
Having now managed to reload everything successfully, & have full access to the Editor I have driven a few of the routes including driving the C400R, which is great but I cannot review it for some reason.
Back to my question "Can the drivers eye point origin be MOVED". You can zoom closer to the windscreen but only so far back. I would like to be further back so that the view could approximate the drivers peripheral vision where you would see the nearside door pillar instead of being cut off across the windscreen. I appreciate that it is not like a real vehicle with adjustable seat & mirrors, I just feel the current view is somewhat restrictive. Well done to all those involved with C400R & for speedy patch.

Solution
Road-hog123 thank you for the details etc. I have opened & translated the Bus file of one of the older buses which is some what less detailed.
I have started playing around with the positions to see what happens bearing in mind your other comments, Possibly VR when available will be more realistic.
One extra thing the translated file made me aware of, which I must have glossed over when reading the manual, was the multiple passenger views.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
In the *.bus file for the bus you want to modify the views of, there are a number of [add_camera_driver] entries, structured like so:
Code:
[add_camera_driver]
x coordinate (left/right position)
y coordinate (front/back position)
z coordinate (up/down position)
distance to rotation point (usually -0.062 such that the camera rotates around the neck, ~6 cm behind the eyes)
field of view (how wide you can see)
up/down rotation
left/right rotation
To increase what you see, you can either move the camera back (which can cause the view point to be inside the headrest, which is why the camera views are a little far forward in the C400R) or increase the FOV, which means that the feel of speed will be different. The best solution to your problem would be to play on a surround monitor set up, but obviously that is unlikely to be possible for you. :)

Advertisement

ARTY 1

Premium Subscriber
Oct 19, 2016
Wormelow, Hereford, Herefordshire.
Road-hog123 thank you for the details etc. I have opened & translated the Bus file of one of the older buses which is some what less detailed.
I have started playing around with the positions to see what happens bearing in mind your other comments, Possibly VR when available will be more realistic.
One extra thing the translated file made me aware of, which I must have glossed over when reading the manual, was the multiple passenger views.

Solution
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread