Fixed Domain Name issues

whsde

OMSI 2 Designer of all things York Buses
Dec 28, 2017
Favourite Truck
Scania
Bug Type
Other
Hi! I’m not sure what’s happening with the domain name at the moment, however I’m unable to access FF through .co.uk. I’ve noticed a move to .com however there is a slightly functional redirect from .co.uk that works selectively. Google Links are abe to redirect to .com.

Any request with www. At the beginning will not redirect to the new domain. Www.fellowsfilm.com is also not functional.

There’s usually a setting in hosting to allow www. Requests!

Hope this is sorted!

Happy Christmas

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
Works fine my side. May be an issue with your DNS in your browser.

whsde

OMSI 2 Designer of all things York Buses
Dec 28, 2017
Favourite Truck
Scania
Would appear this is not a problem on PC. Ive just got home to find that all www. redirects work on Edge, Chrome and Firefox. However the issue still persists on Safari on iPhone and my Mac.

Tom

Administrator
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks for the report, the www issue is something we're currently in the process of resolving. Currently our DNS config (which is what I the hosting setting I think you're referring to would sort) isn't set to resolve the www.fellowsfilm.com domain to our server. Please note it could take any time up to 72 hours for this change to fully propagate on your end once we issue it.

Do you have any examples of .co.uk links that aren't redirecting properly?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
Administrator
UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
For me at least, https://fellowsfilm.co.uk/ redirects absolutely fine, however if you put anything else beyond the /, it stops working and returns 404.

FirstEnviro

Creator of the E400 MMC and Bristol Airport map.
Nov 1, 2016
Yeah I'm struggling to re-create this issue too. All seems fine my end.