Does anybody know? (2 Viewers)

Advertisement

Jan 15, 2014
Rumors go from Late December - Mid-February 2015 as of now. Just enough time to get a job when I turn 15 this November and hopefully get a good computer to run ATS. The longer it is held to release, the more fun I will have when it is released with FPS and likely playability. I also heard they have Nevada, Arizona, and California in right now and have 26 cities in the game but there could be more in the game.

Rumors go from Late December - Mid-February 2015 as of now. Just enough time to get a job when I turn 15 this November and hopefully get a good computer to run ATS. The longer it is held to release, the more fun I will have when it is released with FPS and likely playability. I also heard they have Nevada, Arizona, and California in right now and have 26 cities in the game but there could be more in the game.

Well according to the wikipedia page it's going to have 100+ cities in the end, but you can't trust wikipedia a lot.

Jan 15, 2014
Well according to the wikipedia page it's going to have 100+ cities in the end, but you can't trust wikipedia a lot.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/04/pictures-from-american-truck-simulator.html

"Part of the answers depends on our negotiations with US truck manufacturers. We don't want to release even the initial version of the game (which frankly will only be a "slice" of the future big whole-continent 100+ cities vision of the complete game) with unlicensed vehicles. We have been through the trouble with ETS2, and it complicates things just too much. We want to set the bar high and push for maximum fidelity, and proper branding when vehicles are introduced into the game is very important to have our game taken seriously," - SCS

Advertisement

(which frankly will only be a "slice" of the future big whole-continent 100+ cities vision of the complete game)

So they plan to make entire America? That's great! I have no idea how I managed to miss out on that info.

But they say whole-continent. Does that mean Canada and Mexico will be in ATS too? o_O

Well anyways, now comes the next big question. Will the rest of the map be DLCs or free updates?

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
So they plan to make entire America? That's great! I have no idea how I managed to miss out on that info.

But they say whole-continent. Does that mean Canada and Mexico will be in ATS too? o_O

Well anyways, now comes the next big question. Will the rest of the map be DLCs or free updates?

I believe the original map will be california, then the first DLC with 2 more states in will be free if you buy the game near to the date of release. After that you'll have to wait and see, but I'll hazard a guess that they're paid :P

I believe the original map will be california, then the first DLC with 2 more states in will be free if you buy the game near to the date of release. After that you'll have to wait and see, but I'll hazard a guess that they're paid :p

I'd think that they would be all free DLCs though, and SCS release it intially with just California because they want us to be able to play the game sooner.

Advertisement

Mexico is South AMERICA if you want to be like that. Fair enough Canada is simply Canada but I have a slight hope they may do Alaska too which would therefore involve Canada.
Mexico is in North America. American truckers don't go from Texas thru Canada to Alaska. No profit to be made, so putting that in ATS would not be realistic.

Reactions: angrybirdseller

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread