DLA1 - Confusion, Lies, and Arriva London (1 Viewer)

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Peter is my local bus driver on numerous routes out of E (Enfield) not sure if Any of you know where or what E is lool.

But yes, back and as she was when I first rode on the first DLA on the 144 Then W3, worked Arriva London’s head office routes at Wood Green and then was on the 279 until the DLPs arrived.

Those were the days

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I think some members here will be happy it's found a new home

Was just chatting with Daniel on flickr and it was collected end of last year from E - Enfield garage.

I asked if I could someday visit the old girl.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

DLA 1 was donated to BBPG and SEBPG as long as it went to Arriva employees. A lot of work needs doing to get the vehicle on the road again however the 2 people doing all the work to the vehicle know DAFs very well given that both of them own preserved DAFs as well as work on DAFs all day every day at Arriva Tunbridge Wells. All I'll say is, the right people got the vehicle and with them, it's guaranteed to see the road again one day in the future and will be remarkable when it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LT586
Yes Bromley Preservation Group took ownership of it as the Museum who it was going to rejected it. Bodywork and looks wise, it's perfect. Mechanically? No. Fingers crossed it may be able to attend shows by the end of this year but for now, it won't be until its fully roadworthy once again! I personally prefer it with a group and not a Museum, it'll see far more use

Reactions: LT586

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
Ah didn’t know my post was moved; I was disheartened by the response but thanks to the moderation team - it’s not lost in the ether.

It’s a special one for me because it was the first new bus in Enfield for god knows how long; we had a healthy stable of MCW Metrobuses and the odd balls out of Potters Bar and the like. But E always up until lately, kept buses in pretty good condition.

This wasn’t welcome by many as the stairs was in the old location at the rear door, with 4 seats under the stairs, and a wheelchair bay; coming from Metros the lack of seats was evident, and in the summer the back of the bus was horrible but; it was a joy ride in due to the Voith gearbox, same rear axle as a MCW.

We then had Plaxton bodied DB250 only found in North London Arriva operations. Most are now tour buses.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread