FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
There's one 1A in each direction that extends along the 2 to Matalan, and one 1A in each direction that goes around Little Burton. On Saturdays there are two 1As each direction that skip Wye. I don't know if there are time restrictions on the ticket that discount these or not. The D, AD and G also seem to have vanished, not sure if there's space for them?

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
There's one 1A in each direction that extends along the 2 to Matalan, and one 1A in each direction that goes around Little Burton. On Saturdays there are two 1As each direction that skip Wye. I don't know if there are time restrictions on the ticket that discount these or not. The D, AD and G also seem to have vanished, not sure if there's space for them?
The main problem is scale, I just can't fit every route on the map, there are lengthy journeys that should be on the map but I just don't have room.
I am also therefore not going mega detail for every route on where they go, just mainly the jist of the normal route and then appropriate deviations which I thing would fit well.
The G D and AD should all have discovery ticket accepted

Advertisement

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
It's a shame how few places in Britain have tickets like this covering such a huge area for a low price.
The East Midlands especially could do with large scale multi-operating tickets.

A fantastic project @Dawsonbanter, and a good job on doing something the council themselves should've initially done.

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
It's a shame how few places in Britain have tickets like this covering such a huge area for a low price.
The East Midlands especially could do with large scale multi-operating tickets.

A fantastic project @Dawsonbanter, and a good job on doing something the council themselves should've initially done.
I might be that such tickets exist but people just don't know about them. If you ask one of my local drivers for a discovery ticket they may take a good minute too find it on their machine and say "wow, that's the first time I've sold one of those in a long time".
Then you go to use the ticket on a different company and them seem a bit skeptical about using a different companies ticket on their services, on one driver it took a bit of persuading.
Tickets like these aren't advertised well, I have been looking for tickets for Oxford area and have managed to stumble on a Cotswold Discover Pass after some time of looking into tickets, and it's very hard to find exactly what you can use it on and whether it is still a ticket that you can get.

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
The Kent map is nearing the end, just have Gravesend and Dartford to do. Since this map includes most bus routes except school routes, TfL buses will also be shown allowing for a completely full map.
1604590666632.png

I will also be completely filling the map so that routes outside of Kent, but still within the region of the map will be included. That will take some time to good but hopefully end up with a good result.
1604590927016.png

This means the faded out areas will be filled.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I can't remember if you mentioned if the ticket has time restrictions or you weren't including SDO journeys, but I've corrected the 1/1A/1X including everything except the CV19 trips to Westbere that can only be used by school students. Basically every number goes everywhere except in a few occasional cases:
1604945493262.png

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
You can use the ticket on any journey. This map is showing all Kent routes though(except school journeys), not just Discovery ticket ones

I'm not including school journeys at all since in some places the map would look ridiculously overcrowded and I'm trying to keep a consistency through the map so school journeys aren't shown.

1604947086133.png

Is this right if I'm not including school journeys?

Advertisement

The Mapper

Making irl bus maps
Dec 21, 2017
Kent
All bus routes are complete and I have added railways and ferries because why not. Hmm I forgot to complete the 100 and 101 from Rye.
1606671995159.png

I will be adding the locations of stations too, not names though because this map wasn't made for doing railways in the first place. or maybe I will in small text, idk.
1606672162769.png

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
OpenStreetMap suggests both St Margaret's should be with an apostrophe, and it's Martin Mill. Doubt there's space for station names given the size of the station symbols, and not really needed for showing where connections can be made. Given stations are often named after locations already marked on the map, you might be able to mark the existing names in some way?

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread