Differences of Europe and US (Anything and Specially Trucks) (1 Viewer)

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
US is not a continent. The United States is a country, the continent is North America (including Canada and all that stuff). Nit picking aside I can number a few:
  • Drive side.
  • Accents. (Although each country/state is likely to have a slightly different accent, CA vs VA is a good example).
  • Language. (You might say the US and parts of Canada speak English. Yes, but a modified version. In UK pre-school nobody understood some things I said because I grew up with "American English", I still haven't lost it).
  • Cost of vehicles. Vehicle prices are almost 1/3 lower in the US or Canada, you can pick up a top-range car for the UK equivalent of £14,000 last I checked compared to the usual 20 to 30 thousand in the EU.
  • Currencies.
  • Road signs and markings - In the UK and EU you get much more warning of a coming highway exit than in the US.
That's all the obvious ones I can think of right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: David.Ikaël

Advertisement

US is not a continent. The United States is a country, the continent is North America (including Canada and all that stuff). Nit picking aside I can number a lot:
  • Drive side.
  • Accents. (Although each country/state is likely to have a slightly different accent, CA vs VA is a good example).
  • Language. (You might say the US and parts of Canada speak English. Yes, but a modified version. In UK pre-school nobody understood some things I said because I grew up with "American English", I still haven't lost it).
  • Food portions generically. (Fast food stores tend to serve larger portions in the US, I know that).
  • Cost of vehicles. Vehicle prices are almost 1/3 lower in the US or Canada, you can pick up a top-range car for the UK equivalent of £14,000 last I checked compared to the usual 20 to 30 thousand in the EU.
  • Governments. (The US government is a joke for "minor's chances" and support compared to the UK for example).
  • Currencies.
  • People. Although it is not always true, there are different morals everywhere you go. Generally, different communities will have their own way about things.
That's all the obvious ones I can think of right now.
I think he was asking about game(generaly about trucking),politics,geographic,and chain food is not place here to discuss....hope u agree with me

One and big fact is road,in US roads are much more wider..much more space for manoeuvre then here in europe..and trucks here in europe are much more manoeuvreable then in US...Am talking this cuz i have xp here and in US...Generally US trucks have much more power but less manoeuvreabelity ....anyway its same thing just diff sh...t ;-) and i love it both :-D
If u are truck driver u get used 2...srry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:
One main difference is that most American trucks are bull nosed rather than cabovers.
This is my definition of a bullnose truck
image003.jpg
do you mean this.... some bloody show pony i heard many like in america
bws2521.jpg
I HATE showtrucks with a passion, i dont mind truck shows, but a truck JUST for a truck show is to far, look at that stupid bumber, the fender, the visior, the stacks, everything, the grille, the paintjob, the headlamps, it looks like its sooo sad, it looks at real trucks, and cries in a corner wishing it could go over that speed hump at the local shopping center carpark, the more i look at that truck while typing this post, the more i hate it, i should really stop, but damn, that 50's kenworth bullnose is properly good looking, and actually practical

This is my definition of a bullnose truck
image003.jpg
do you mean this.... some bloody show pony i heard many like in america
bws2521.jpg
I HATE showtrucks with a passion, i dont mind truck shows, but a truck JUST for a truck show is to far, look at that stupid bumber, the fender, the visior, the stacks, everything, the grille, the paintjob, the headlamps, it looks like its sooo sad, it looks at real trucks, and cries in a corner wishing it could go over that speed hump at the local shopping center carpark, the more i look at that truck while typing this post, the more i hate it, i should really stop, but damn, that 50's kenworth bullnose is properly good looking, and actually practical
Fully disagree with your comment there Allan- either you hate show-trucks or you don't like American Trucks. Its as simple as that; you may not have those in Australia but we do and most people are proud of these trucks. As the common saying goes- you gotta go eight inch or you ain't a big boy(8 inch referring to the diameter of the pipe). And I've honestly never seen a bullnose truck. Showtruck beats a bullnose. People get your facts right. Ask people who actually live in the U.S or Canada.

Advertisement

Fully disagree with your comment there Allan- either you hate show-trucks or you don't like American Trucks. Its as simple as that; you may not have those in Australia but we do and most people are proud of these trucks. As the common saying goes- you gotta go eight inch or you ain't a big boy(8 inch referring to the diameter of the pipe). And I've honestly never seen a bullnose truck. Showtruck beats a bullnose. People get your facts right. Ask people who actually live in the U.S or Canada.
Sorry, this is an opinion, or are opinions not allowed?
Ohh... then what was the word for the ones with the extended hood? Where the engine is infront rather than underneath?
Conventionals

Why do you guys hate showtrucks? Is it because you think they exist for the shows only, well my foreign friends you are sadly mistaken-they do in fact DO WORK. Some are company owners and operators.
Trucks were invented to help the human race, not please it (which a normal working truck does a lot more than a show truck imo) if i saw 2 trucks driving side by side and one was a normal truck without crazy tuning, and the one near it was a show truck like the one i pictured above, i would be looking at the normal working truck, not that horrible mess that you call a show truck

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
Trucks were invented to help the human race, not please it
Firstly let me get out the way, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Right, if you're going to say trucks were invented to help, yes they were they replaced the original workhorses, bulls, etc. Then think of everything else, what was actually made to please us, TVs, toys, games. But then TV also helps the human race, e.g. news and things alike. Computers were made to help us but now they also please us as people rice their builds. Cars were originally made to help us, but every day you see cars that have no visible practicality other than getting from A to B or to race - does that mean you hate cars and computers and numerous other things as well?

I feel that's a very negative way to think, "Oh it was originally made to help humanity, therefore we shouldn't get any pleasure out of modifying it, or looking at custom jobs made for pleasure. It isn't meant to please us, it's designed to help us. The enthusiasts shouldn't bother." This is a very blunt way for me to look at it, but that's what you're saying.

Personally, I like most of the show trucks, for the same reason I like show cars, they look cool, they (usually) sound cool but I'd never own one. Also, I've never seen one of those bullnose trucks you pictured, only cabovers and long noses. I'm talking US, Canada, Europe.

My issue with Show Trucks is their practicality, sure they look awesome rolling down the highway, but once they reach roads in California, Indiana, Colorado, Wyoming... pretty much 45 of the 50 US states, then they start having issues, the roads are poorly maintained (mostly because of winter) and have large dips and potholes in them and haven't been repaired yet. So when a normal truck, such as the one I posted earlier comes across, they get bounced around but the trucks can handle it, while the show trucks will get damaged because of their low clearance to the ground.

Now ignoring the road issues, we still have the customers, many customers I deliver to have deep ditches or bumps to access their property, it can hurt a regular truck if the driver is not paying attention, but there is nothing a show truck can do to avoid getting damaged entering the customers property.

Then the most important issue of all, tow pins. Show trucks are built for show, not dependability or practicality, so should a Show truck get stuck in the snow, it presents a difficulty to other trucks or even the tow truck when there is nothing for them to hook onto and tow out. They generally are charged a higher tow bill because of this, so tow drivers usually have to climb under their awesome chrome bumpers and hook directly to the frame behind it. When the tow begins the poor bumper will be ruined. Tow pins are pins that attach directly to the frame and poke through the bumper in two holes, look at my long nosed Pete above and look for the two hook like bars on my bullbar on the lower half of my bumper between the large oval shaped hole. Those are the tow pins. Now look at the show truck, do you see the same hook like bars? No, because to them it looks ugly and ruins the overall look of the truck.

Now I like Show trucks, when I am seeing them at truck shows around America, but not on the highways where they look ridiculous and silly.

Advertisement

Seven

The Dickhead
Aug 25, 2014
UK
lx-fx.co.uk
It's in the name really, show truck. Usually if these trucks are planned to drive commercially the routes will be planned per truck out of sensibility. If you're not driving to a show they're only driving in conditions that won't damage it. Or atleast one would hope.

They're like supercars in rural areas (I've seen it!). Completely impractical, but awesome to see once in a while.

I call them long noses. Such as "oh look a long nosed Pete." The trucks with curved hoods like volvos and freightliners are conventionals. Then there are the cabovers or flat noses which we rarely see in the states.

FYI this is a real long nose, not those ridiculous show trucks.

View attachment 1996
my grandpa drove a KW900 studio sleeper for United Van Lines for over 30 years, I remember growing up him always calling the conventionals "Slope Nose or pussyhood" Lol :D

Advertisement

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread