Development on the Mercedes MP4!

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
At last, SCS have finally released a few pictures on their blog showing the new Mercedes MP4! It would also seem that they've got the licence to use the Mercedes name and logo, which means we can say good bye to the "Majestic" brand in game!

The readers of our blog have long suspected that another vehicle we surely must be building is the 2012 New Actros truck tractor. It has taken us a lot of time and effort to obtain the necessary license; to finally complete the "Big Seven" European truck manufacturers licenses.
At long last, we are happy to show you that we are doing some solid work on the truck! In fact we are now working hard to speed up production of the 3D model, with one senior 3D designer assigned to the task of creation of the exterior of the vehicle, while another 3D guru is working on the dashboard and interior.
Check out some Work in Progress screenshots of this majestic truck:

http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/08/mercedes-benz-new-actros-work-in.html

Reactions: 4D1L

4D1L

The Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
Favourite Truck
Mercedes
I wonder how this truck will look like in-game. I cannot wait to drive this truck on multiplayer mod!

scanialoverr

Apr 1, 2014
Looks beautiful. I am more interested in this truck and not the Daf Euro 6 but I will test drive it.

Adi

Jan 10, 2014
Did not know SCS uses blender to model their Game Assets.

Driver097

Jun 8, 2014
Favourite Truck
Scania
I don't get that why doesn't SCS provide enough customization for their trucks (body parts, cabs and chassis) and modders have to make them instead.

ProtzerProductions

Aug 25, 2014
That truck looks just beautiful!
Does anyone know when it will be implemented?
Do you think in the 1.13, 1.14, 1.15 Update or in the 1.2 Update? :D

Last edited:

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
That truck looks just beatiful!
Does anyone know when it will be implemented?
Do you think in the 1.13, 1.14, 1.15 Update or in the 1.2 Update? :D
1.13 is the steam achievements, 1.14 I recon will be the Daf XF, so MP4 will probably be 1.15 or 1.16, unless SCS really surprise us before :P

Reactions: ProtzerProductions

onikool

Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
Damn, i want MP4 so hard! It will be a brilliance truck. Hope SCS do it more faster than DAF XF