Design OMSI 2 Map (1 Viewer)

Hello Readers,

I hope I don't get hate from this. If this post isn't allowed, please forgive me and delete it.

I am wanting to have a designer to make myself OMSI 2 Map for people to download too but I don't have the time and focus to put into it because I study full time and I would prefer to pay someone who has the experience and knowledge of what they are doing and possibly a couple of buses.

If you're interested, shout me a message :)

Solution
So you want to commission a map? I admire your willingness to make such an investment - certainly, if I had enough money knocking about - I'd pack in my job so I could work on it full time, hire some bus drivers for reference, etc. Whistlehead has said pretty much everything I have to say on the subject - however, I'd voice further concern that I feel offers would likely come from people who make lower quality maps.

Everyone I know who is capable of putting together high-quality content is already doing so, I'd hate to see you spend a large sum of money and get a mini-Gladbeck in return.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Hello Readers,

I hope I don't get hate from this. If this post isn't allowed, please forgive me and delete it.

I am wanting to have a designer to make myself OMSI 2 Map for people to download too but I don't have the time and focus to put into it because I study full time and I would prefer to pay someone who has the experience and knowledge of what they are doing and possibly a couple of buses.

If you're interested, shout me a message :)
Depends roughly where you want the map to be on?

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I'm afraid that while I'm sure you mean well, your offer isn't likely to get any responses, most of the reason why being that anyone who has the time and ability to make a good quality map is probably already making one of their own. Making a good map is a labour of love and takes tens if not hundreds of hours, and of the good map makers I know in this community, I can't think of one who would be both able and willing to put so much time into a project they haven't got any real connection to.

If someone were to make a map for money rather than for their own interest, then in order for it to be worth their while, you're looking at a pretty hefty bill. You could suggest that the map maker sells their map afterwards, but that logic kind of falls apart because if somebody wanted to make a map to sell for profit, they'd probably make it on a subject of their choosing rather than one that someone else has asked them to do.

I feel your pain with not having enough time to commit to a map yourself, but unless you're willing to fork out into the hundreds or thousands of pounds I'm afraid it's unlikely :( Your best bet is probably either to just wait for content to be released, or to find yourself a group of people to work with so that between you, you have enough free time to commit to a project :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SneakyTurtle
I'm afraid that while I'm sure you mean well, your offer isn't likely to get any responses, part of the reason why being that anyone who has the time and ability to make a good quality map is probably already making one of their own. Making a good map is a labour of love and takes tens if not hundreds of hours, and of the good map makers I know in this community, I can't think of one who would be both able and willing to put so much time into a project they haven't got any real connection to.

If someone were to make a map for money rather than for their own interest, then in order for it to be worth their while, you're looking at a pretty hefty bill. You could suggest that the map maker sells their map afterwards, but that logic kind of falls apart because if somebody wanted to make a map to sell for profit, they'd probably make it on a subject of their choosing rather than one that someone else has asked them to do.

I feel your pain with not having enough time to commit to a map yourself, but unless you're willing to fork out into the hundreds or thousands of pounds I'm afraid it's unlikely :( Your best bet is probably either to just wait for content to be release, or to find yourself a group of people to work with so that between you, you have enough free time to commit to a project :)

I know it wouldn't be an easy job and will take a lot of time to do. I was planning to spend roughly 600 - 900 pounds on the project if needed to.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I know it wouldn't be an easy job and will take a lot of time to do. I was planning to spend roughly 600 - 900 pounds on the project if needed to.

Well, it's your money to spend - make absolutely sure before you commit to anything that the outcome is going to be what you wanted, and also that you will actually be able to pay - basically, you'll need some form of contract. Getting large amounts of money involved always makes things complicated.

Out of interest, what is it you're after? I assume you have something specific in mind if you aren't happy to settle for the current WIPs.

Well, it's your money to spend - make absolutely sure before you commit to anything that the outcome is going to be what you wanted, and also that you will actually be able to pay - basically, you'll need some form of contract. Getting large amounts of money involved always makes things complicated.

Out of interest, what is it you're after? I assume you have something specific in mind if you aren't happy to settle for the current WIPs.

A Map based in UK, Not London as I know that is already getting done.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
A Map based in UK, Not London as I know that is already getting done.

That's a very vague description. The impression I'm getting is that you haven't thought this out well enough to be ready to spend large amounts of money on a project - I'd understand if you were asking for one specific region or set of routes with some special significance to you, but there are plenty of free UK maps in progress right now, at least some of which will eventually make it onto the download page.

Advertisement

That's a very vague description. The impression I'm getting is that you haven't thought this out well enough to be ready to spend large amounts of money on a project - I'd understand if you were asking for one specific region or set of routes with some special significance to you, but there are plenty of free UK maps in progress right now, at least some of which will eventually make it onto the download page.

I already know which region but I only thought about this today.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
So you want to commission a map? I admire your willingness to make such an investment - certainly, if I had enough money knocking about - I'd pack in my job so I could work on it full time, hire some bus drivers for reference, etc. Whistlehead has said pretty much everything I have to say on the subject - however, I'd voice further concern that I feel offers would likely come from people who make lower quality maps.

Everyone I know who is capable of putting together high-quality content is already doing so, I'd hate to see you spend a large sum of money and get a mini-Gladbeck in return.

Solution
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread