Departure times on destination display (1 Viewer)

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
So Transdev in Harrogate has this interesting feature for the destination displays on the 1 and 36 buses, it says when the bus is departing.

a1fca0e776f664cbe9238e6507de78b1.jpeg

(Photo not by me)

I was just wondering if it will ever be a possibility a feature like this would ever be implemented in OMSI? AD156 did it with reversing on the Gemini 2, so surely it can be done with the timetable too? It certainly would be an interesting addition, and one which I'd welcome. I also wonder if other operators do this too, apart from Transdev?

But yeah. It's quite a nifty feature to have on a bus, and something I've only recently noticed was a thing that existed when the new 36 Gemini 3s came along.

Advertisement

amelia

Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
Pronouns
She/Her
Perfectly possible, just requires to call the GetTTDelay macro, ensure the value indicates time before departure and not delay, maybe also perform a check that the current bus stop is the first of the route and then format the number for the display.
Amazing! I'll have to look into doing that, trouble is I have no idea where to start :tearsofjoy:

Advertisement

amelia

Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm probably missing something here, but I tried the Mainz Lion's City on Grundorf and just the destination came on the board and not the departure time. Not sure if it's because it's on Grundorf or whatever. I wonder if I could just copy and replace the matrix files instead of searching for code and copying it over.

Nov 4, 2016
I'm probably missing something here, but I tried the Mainz Lion's City on Grundorf and just the destination came on the board and not the departure time. Not sure if it's because it's on Grundorf or whatever. I wonder if I could just copy and replace the matrix files instead of searching for code and copying it over.
hmm, mayb there's a specific file path like maps/Mainz etc? not too sure just wild guessing

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
um... not sure but I think its only if you set the destination to the Abfarht in 1 min destination via the 92E in the alt menu (I'm not sure as I have only played Maniz 1 or 2 times). How to do it some other way, then I don't know

Nov 4, 2016
um... not sure but I think its only if you set the destination to the Abfarht in 1 min destination via the 92E in the alt menu (I'm not sure as I have only played Maniz 1 or 2 times). How to do it some other way, then I don't know
I'm pretty certain the destination is automatic, it changed itself automatically when I was playing it.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread