Buses Plaxton President (3 Viewers)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Admin, I know you removed my comment right and I appreciate that but, if I'm posting on page 22 does it look like I'm gonna be reading the top of page 1? You don't need to reply but bear that in mind please. Thanks for the heads up though. Just showing some care for a great project, doing no harm. The last update was 12/2018.

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
@Mikey It's at the top of EVERY page in this thread, a big grey box with a fat navy border:
It is prohibited to ask questions such as "When will this be released?", "Do you need beta testers?", "Any updates?", etc. in this section
Developers (many of which speak to admins directly) have told us these kind of pestering posts drive them away from the forums altogether, which is why there is a longstanding rule against them and why we remove such posts. Developers know what and when they last posted, they don't need reminders. One month elapsing since an update is nothing, it's not unusual for projects to go several months with no readily visible changes to showcase (if the author even wants to showcase)

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 42966
Been a long while since i updated you all, have a new bodyshell.
Looks great!
But why do you keep re-doing the model?
Does this also mean that you'll have to re-do the interior too?
I imagine that's a very time-consuming process.
But I believe that you know best. :)
Anyways, I'm really hyped for this bus, good luck! :D

BTW: Maybe you should change the title of this thread, and just delete the whole cancelled/un-cancelled bit. ;)

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
But why do you keep re-doing the model?
Does this also mean that you'll have to re-do the interior too?
I imagine that's a very time-consuming process.

Because I kept finding inaccuracies in older models. Keep in mind someone's blender skills come a long way in a year.

I'm a perfectionist so I'm less afraid to scratch a model if it's not to my standards. This one, so far, does look like an actual President.

The interior will have to be rebuilt BUT I was looking through the old interior yesterday and there is a lot of stuff I can reuse. It will need to be modified for accuracy though

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Because I kept finding inaccuracies in older models. Keep in mind someone's blender skills come a long way in a year.

I'm a perfectionist so I'm less afraid to scratch a model if it's not to my standards. This one, so far, does look like an actual President.

The interior will have to be rebuilt BUT I was looking through the old interior yesterday and there is a lot of stuff I can reuse. It will need to be modified for accuracy though
Hi, Lukeyboi!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification for some reason. ????
I just wanted to say thanks for your answer. :)
So: Thanks for your answer! ;)

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
So... I haven't worked on this bus since the last update but to update you all on my current plans:

As you know Mr Mostachio is working on another President. My opinions are reserved on this so please dont ask. I'm sure you can all figure out how I feel.

I've been told to just continue with the Trident however I feel it is pointless that 2 of the same bus is being made. If Mostachio's project doesn't come to fruition the Trident will be continued.

To avoid conflict I've decided to change this bus so it is now a DAF President, much like the ones Arriva London had. A provincial spec will come first, followed by a London spec. Reference is being obtained by friends of mine at the minute because I have none local to me.

I also have another bus in the works to compliment this, you'll find out more about that in the future.

Once my GCSEs are over, development shall resume.

Last edited:

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
So... I haven't worked on this bus since the last update but to update you all on my current plans:

As you know someone else has come along and started developing another President. My opinions are reserved on this so please dont ask. I'm sure you can all figure out how I feel.

I've been told to just continue with the Trident however I feel it is pointless that 2 of the same bus is being made. If the 2nd project doesn't come to fruition the Trident will be continued.

To avoid conflict I've decided to change this bus so it is now a DAF President, much like the ones Arriva London had. A provincial spec will come first, followed by a London spec. Reference is being obtained by friends of mine at the minute because I have none local to me.

I also have another bus in the works to compliment this, you'll find out more about that in the future.

Once my GCSEs are over, development shall resume.
It’s a shame to see all the work go, but I’ll support the decision.
The work will be amazing, and good luck!

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him

Love it or hate it, this project is still continuing.

I thought it would be best to update in case people thought we gave up or something.

GCSE's finished on Monday, so I have more time to work on this now. However, be aware I do have other commitments.

A vast range of improvements have been made.

New rear lights (courtesy of Con/Costar1198)
Reworked front bumper + windscreen
Accurate panel gaps
More accurate doors (courtesy of Mr Mostochio)
General accuracy improvements and tidy up

FAQ

Where is the Facebook?

Gone.

Will it come back?
Maybe.

Am I going to rebuild it 6985 more times?
Yes.
No.

Is it going into OMSI?
Yes, by the end of the summer with luck

Will updates become more frequent?
Who knows

What is the spec now?
By consultation with my collaborator, Mr. Mostochio, we have decided the initial release will be a First spec Trident. Based off the LK51Uxx batch of vehicles.

Following will be the bog standard "dealer stock" spec I initially was making, then the DAF, then it's a mystery...

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
View attachment 47542
Love it or hate it, this project is still continuing.

I thought it would be best to update in case people thought we gave up or something.

GCSE's finished on Monday, so I have more time to work on this now. However, be aware I do have other commitments.
View attachment 47543
A vast range of improvements have been made.

New rear lights (courtesy of Con/Costar1198)
Reworked front bumper + windscreen
Accurate panel gaps
More accurate doors (courtesy of Mr Mostochio)
General accuracy improvements and tidy up

FAQ

Where is the Facebook?

Gone.

Will it come back?
Maybe.

Am I going to rebuild it 6985 more times?
Yes.
No.

Is it going into OMSI?
Yes, by the end of the summer with luck

Will updates become more frequent?
Who knows

What is the spec now?
By consultation with my collaborator, Mr. Mostochio, we have decided the initial release will be a First spec Trident. Based off the LK51Uxx batch of vehicles.

Following will be the bog standard "dealer stock" spec I initially was making, then the DAF, then it's a mystery...
I ????????????
love ????????
it ????????????

I love it so much!!!!
Great job on that Pressie (and Alisa)!!

BTW: What is a "bog standard"? Thanks in advance. :)

Reactions: Albastru

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread