Buses Dennis/Transbus Trident Plaxton President (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, this what I have been working on for the last year and a bit.
It is a 2001 Plaxton President bodied Dennis/TransBus Trident 2

Specs
Engine: Cummins ISCe 225-30 Euro 3
Gearbox: ZF Ecomat 2 4HP-502C
Length: 9.926m (Short Wheelbase Model)
(Models FirstBus Specification Tridents after single door conversion from London to regional)

Model and materials all 95% finished in blender but I have never imported or scripted vehicles in OMSI 2, this is attempt number 2 and I am working on quite limited experience modelling but thought i'd give it a go and consequently I have no idea of the time frame for release but will definitely keep this updated (may be a struggle to get into OMSI but hopefully people on this forum can help).
Providing all goes well with this model, future plans are more variations of First's Tridents including a longer wheelbase model, 2002 Presidents and Euro 2 engined models.
Some textures have also been used from various amazing mods and will have to be addressed before model conversion.

Screenshots of current modelling stage below:
prev_7.png
prev_6.png
prev_5.png
prev_4.png
prev_3.png
prev_2.png
prev_1.png

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Right.

Let's address some stuff.

For starters, me and Mostochio have decided that we will be merging projects. I dont know if dev updates will stay here, move to my thread, or move to an entirely new thread.

Mostochio will be working on the interior

I will be working on the exterior and textures

Obviously it won't be strictly that and we will be helping each other out wherever we can. I have a couple of things I would like to give Mostochio for his interior, and vice versa.

As I said I cant start work until July due to GCSEs, but after then I will have a solid couple of months to undertake work.

In the meantime, I plan giving Mostochio a draft version of my exterior, although currently it is 10.5 metres instead of 9.9, for him to have a look at. This way he can make sure his interior sits flush with my exterior and he can point out any issues with my exterior so far.

More to follow soon.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
Right.

For starters, me and Mostochio have decided that we will be merging projects. I dont know if dev updates will stay here, move to my thread, or move to an entirely new thread.

Obviously it won't be strictly that and we will be helping each other out wherever we can. I have a couple of things I would like to give Mostochio for his interior, and vice versa.

As I said I cant start work until July due to GCSEs, but after then I will have a solid couple of months to undertake work.

In the meantime, I plan giving Mostochio a draft version of my exterior, although currently it is 10.5 metres instead of 9.9, for him to have a look at. This way he can make sure his interior sits flush with my exterior and he can point out any issues with my exterior so far.

More to follow soon.
Sounds like an amazing idea :)
Good luck! :D

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Right.

More to follow soon.
It does sound like an amazing idea, and I also wish you two good luck with the President!
I have a question, though: Does this mean that you will be working on two projects, the DB250 and the Trident?
Or was the DB250 cancelled? Thanks in advance!

Mr Mostochio

Developer of the Plaxton President
Jan 8, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
It does sound like an amazing idea, and I also wish you two good luck with the President!
I have a question, though: Does this mean that you will be working on two projects, the DB250 and the Trident?
Or was the DB250 cancelled? Thanks in advance!
We are still kind of still discussing, i think the first thing we are working on is a 10.5m Trident President. Long term plans if all goes well is to do both DB250 and Trident Presidents.
And thanks for the support everybody, not even arguing with someone who's convinced I'm ripping models, lying and thinking nobody will notice
@LazyGuy222. There's clearly something hes unhappy about and keeping to himself but the exterior should be mostly redone anyway.
Massive thanks to the rest of you guys.

Albastru

Somebody stole my fantasy
Forum Moderator
Feb 11, 2018
Brighton & Hove, East Sussex, England
Pronouns
They/Them
We are still kind of still discussing, i think the first thing we are working on is a 10.5m Trident President. Long term plans if all goes well is to do both DB250 and Trident Presidents.
And thanks for the support everybody, not even arguing with someone who's convinced I'm ripping models, lying and thinking nobody will notice
@LazyGuy222. There's clearly something hes unhappy about and keeping to himself but the exterior should be mostly redone anyway.
Massive thanks to the rest of you guys.
Sounds like a good plan :)
It’ll be nice to have our first DAF bus too!
Keep up the great progress :D

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
OMG guys, you're arguing over pixel buses. Two guys were making the same bus, and one of them looks like another model of the same bus made years earlier. Of course it looks similar, it's the same bus being made. Now the two guys have decided to work together. Great! Fantastic!

We're all here to enjoy a hobby, there's really no need to get so worked up.

Advertisement

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
Ooh yes! ????
Been on Kernow Kewghs only twice in my life, both of which were in the Cremyll/Cawsand/Kingsand area, just to opposite of Plymouth. :)

That must have been a few years ago back when first had Plymouth. My map covers newquay area at the moment, Still very WIP. Just need a president for those Atlantic coaster routes!

Mr Mostochio

Developer of the Plaxton President
Jan 8, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
would we see the Volvo Plaxton President in the future( sorry it was a miss spelling mistake and miss read)
We are still fairly unsure as to the future of this project, or even the bus we are working on now. We had a bit of a discussion, and if all goes well with other models and buses, we have kind of loosely planned a B7TL President. PVLs specifically.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread