Buses Dennis/Transbus Trident Plaxton President (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, this what I have been working on for the last year and a bit.
It is a 2001 Plaxton President bodied Dennis/TransBus Trident 2

Specs
Engine: Cummins ISCe 225-30 Euro 3
Gearbox: ZF Ecomat 2 4HP-502C
Length: 9.926m (Short Wheelbase Model)
(Models FirstBus Specification Tridents after single door conversion from London to regional)

Model and materials all 95% finished in blender but I have never imported or scripted vehicles in OMSI 2, this is attempt number 2 and I am working on quite limited experience modelling but thought i'd give it a go and consequently I have no idea of the time frame for release but will definitely keep this updated (may be a struggle to get into OMSI but hopefully people on this forum can help).
Providing all goes well with this model, future plans are more variations of First's Tridents including a longer wheelbase model, 2002 Presidents and Euro 2 engined models.
Some textures have also been used from various amazing mods and will have to be addressed before model conversion.

Screenshots of current modelling stage below:
prev_7.png
prev_6.png
prev_5.png
prev_4.png
prev_3.png
prev_2.png
prev_1.png

Advertisement

Hi everyone, this what I have been working on for the last year and a bit.
It is a 2001 Plaxton President bodied Dennis/TransBus Trident 2

Specs
Engine: Cummins ISCe 225-30 Euro 3
Gearbox: ZF Ecomat 2 4HP-502C
Length: 9.926m (Short Wheelbase Model)
(Models FirstBus Specification Tridents after single door conversion from London to regional)

Model and materials all 95% finished in blender but I have never imported or scripted vehicles in OMSI 2, this is attempt number 2 and I am working on quite limited experience modelling but thought i'd give it a go and consequently I have no idea of the time frame for release but will definitely keep this updated (may be a struggle to get into OMSI but hopefully people on this forum can help).
Providing all goes well with this model, future plans are more variations of First's Tridents including a longer wheelbase model, 2002 Presidents and Euro 2 engined models.
Some textures have also been used from various amazing mods and will have to be addressed before model conversion.

Screenshots of current modelling stage below:
View attachment 44462View attachment 44463View attachment 44464View attachment 44465View attachment 44466View attachment 44467View attachment 44468
Good work! Like Rhys said the textures could be better quality but apart from that, good work

Mr Mostochio

Developer of the Plaxton President
Jan 8, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
Thanks for all the support, I will play around with materials and textures and in the initial pics, rendering was set up awfully, having had a play with it, these pics should look a bit better.

Attachments

• prev_15.png
    prev_15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 250
  • prev_14.png
    prev_14.png
    1 MB · Views: 266
  • prev_13.png
    prev_13.png
    278.2 KB · Views: 285
  • prev_12.png
    prev_12.png
    387.8 KB · Views: 267

Advertisement

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Thanks for all the support, I will play around with materials and textures and in the initial pics, rendering was set up awfully, having had a play with it, these pics should look a bit better.
Yes, these look better! :)
However, on the front headlights there appears to be a bug... the left headlight looks different than the right!
Also, the texture on the tail lights doesn't seem rightly positioned, and the interior floor texture IMO is a bit too much tiled.
It does look amazing, though! Great job!

(sorry if this sounds nitpicky, I just want to help you improve the bus)

jb1234

Creator of Cornwall in OMSI2
Aug 21, 2018
Remember to export parts as lots of different meshes. Items like switches and controls will each need to be exported separately to make them clickable.

I have in the past exported the basic body as one 03D and then interior, wheels etc...

Good luck for the rest of your project!

Advertisement

Aug 3, 2016
Incredible work my friend, I have been riding these buses in the exact same livery every day for years and have sat in every seat, this is a 1:1 representation and is one step closer to my dream of my whole city with all buses, liveries and accurate sounds in OMSI. You've got some serious talent, give yourself a good pat on the back :)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread