Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

TruckSim.Org Ops Manager
Administrator
Jan 12, 2014
Favourite Truck
Volvo
So in the change log for the 1.18.x patch you will see that SCS have added Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) to all trucks, so I thought I'd just make a post to explain what they actually are.

In the EU, it's regulation that all new vehicles (cars, trucks, buses) have daytime running lights, supposedly to increase visibility and hopefully make them safer.

In ETS2, when you turn the engine on in any truck the DRL's will now automatically come on without having any other lights turned on as in real life, the picture below explains the different light settings you can have - I used the Volvo because i'd just updated my mod to work with them, but all base trucks should now do the same :)

View attachment 2391

Hope this helped explain a little better :)

Daramin

Feb 23, 2014
Favourite Truck
Western Star
DRLs are cool especially if its composed of LEDs are encircles the whole headlight geometry-much like in Audi's or BMW's to give it the ANGEL EYE effect!

Seven

The Dickhead
Administrator
Aug 25, 2014
Favourite Truck
Kenworth
DRLs are cool especially if its composed of LEDs are encircles the whole headlight geometry-much like in Audi's or BMW's to give it the ANGEL EYE effect!
But Audi -as much as I like them- are the same ****s that use stupidly bright xenons that, even on normal beam, blind you when you're on the highway. Power efficient? Yes. Good looking? Yes. Good to be driving the other way towards? HELL NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.