Dashboards at night (1 Viewer)

Apr 1, 2014
SCS Software said:
Just today we have finished programming one more neat feature - support for different color dashboard button back-light. Until now we were limited just to white back-light, but in reality way more color variety is used by truck manufacturers.

The screenshot below shows that immediately we have started improving the just-released Euro 6 DAF, for the next Euro Truck Simulator 2 update we would like to improve as much of our truck fleet for night driving as possible.
We have a plea for the real truckers among you. Finding good reference is very hard for us. We have taken tons of photos and videos of interiors while we test-drive the trucks, but we had seldom done so in the dark. If you have access to a truck featured in our game, would you be so kind to send us a photograph of the interior, with engine and lights on, taken in the evening? To give us a clear idea of the night-lit dashboard, you would have to take it without use of flash, so that the elements of the dashboard can be recognizable.

We have created a special section for this research on our message board, if you want to contribute to our know-how, please follow this URL: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=152. Thank you!
Source: http://blog.scssoft.com/2014/11/dashboards-at-night.html

View attachment 1002

Last edited:

Advertisement

Max

-- .- -..-
FF Council
Jan 12, 2014
UK
I don't really see the point in this, if it's what it seems like to me, all you need to do is edit the .DDS for the dashboard and the colour will change. Nice that they thought about it though :)

Advertisement

In the article they mention that they need people who have access to game trucks to take photos. I know there are real truckers on this forum, but I don't know about European truckers. If you do have access, please do take pics and send them to devs, I'd like to see what they would do with it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread