Buses DAF DB250/Plaxton President

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Are you hyped for this bus?

• Total voters

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Admin, I know you removed my comment right and I appreciate that but, if I'm posting on page 22 does it look like I'm gonna be reading the top of page 1? You don't need to reply but bear that in mind please. Thanks for the heads up though. Just showing some care for a great project, doing no harm. The last update was 12/2018.

Do'er of administrative things
Administrator
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
@Mikey It's at the top of EVERY page in this thread, a big grey box with a fat navy border:
It is prohibited to ask questions such as "When will this be released?", "Do you need beta testers?", "Any updates?", etc. in this section
Developers (many of which speak to admins directly) have told us these kind of pestering posts drive them away from the forums altogether, which is why there is a longstanding rule against them and why we remove such posts. Developers know what and when they last posted, they don't need reminders. One month elapsing since an update is nothing, it's not unusual for projects to go several months with no readily visible changes to showcase (if the author even wants to showcase)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
View attachment 42966
Been a long while since i updated you all, have a new bodyshell.
Looks great!
But why do you keep re-doing the model?
Does this also mean that you'll have to re-do the interior too?
I imagine that's a very time-consuming process.
But I believe that you know best. :)
Anyways, I'm really hyped for this bus, good luck! :D

BTW: Maybe you should change the title of this thread, and just delete the whole cancelled/un-cancelled bit. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: DannyBrooks963

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
But why do you keep re-doing the model?
Does this also mean that you'll have to re-do the interior too?
I imagine that's a very time-consuming process.
Because I kept finding inaccuracies in older models. Keep in mind someone's blender skills come a long way in a year.

I'm a perfectionist so I'm less afraid to scratch a model if it's not to my standards. This one, so far, does look like an actual President.

The interior will have to be rebuilt BUT I was looking through the old interior yesterday and there is a lot of stuff I can reuse. It will need to be modified for accuracy though

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Renowned and Fusioned Member
Jun 28, 2018
Because I kept finding inaccuracies in older models. Keep in mind someone's blender skills come a long way in a year.

I'm a perfectionist so I'm less afraid to scratch a model if it's not to my standards. This one, so far, does look like an actual President.

The interior will have to be rebuilt BUT I was looking through the old interior yesterday and there is a lot of stuff I can reuse. It will need to be modified for accuracy though
Hi, Lukeyboi!

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a notification for some reason. 🤔
I just wanted to say thanks for your answer. :)
So: Thanks for your answer! ;)

Lukeyboi

Veteran Member
Apr 5, 2016
So... I haven't worked on this bus since the last update but to update you all on my current plans:

As you know Mr Mostachio is working on another President. My opinions are reserved on this so please dont ask. I'm sure you can all figure out how I feel.

I've been told to just continue with the Trident however I feel it is pointless that 2 of the same bus is being made. If Mostachio's project doesn't come to fruition the Trident will be continued.

To avoid conflict I've decided to change this bus so it is now a DAF President, much like the ones Arriva London had. A provincial spec will come first, followed by a London spec. Reference is being obtained by friends of mine at the minute because I have none local to me.

I also have another bus in the works to compliment this, you'll find out more about that in the future.

Once my GCSEs are over, development shall resume.

Last edited:

Ecronbuses

N94UD
Feb 11, 2018
So... I haven't worked on this bus since the last update but to update you all on my current plans:

As you know someone else has come along and started developing another President. My opinions are reserved on this so please dont ask. I'm sure you can all figure out how I feel.

I've been told to just continue with the Trident however I feel it is pointless that 2 of the same bus is being made. If the 2nd project doesn't come to fruition the Trident will be continued.

To avoid conflict I've decided to change this bus so it is now a DAF President, much like the ones Arriva London had. A provincial spec will come first, followed by a London spec. Reference is being obtained by friends of mine at the minute because I have none local to me.

I also have another bus in the works to compliment this, you'll find out more about that in the future.

Once my GCSEs are over, development shall resume.
It’s a shame to see all the work go, but I’ll support the decision.
The work will be amazing, and good luck!