Custom Junction Creation (1 Viewer)

Solution
If you can't understand what's been written above I'd give it a miss. What iomex and Road-hog have written above is pretty much all you need to know to make a custom junction. There are plenty of prefabs in the iomexLH folder that you can use, if you want more interesting ones then head towards the ones with street names from Spandau.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
  • Get hold of the OMSI Inofficial SDK
  • Create the junction in the editor using a combination of splines, objects whatever
  • Path it up using invis_street splines
  • Create a small cube object and .sco file to go with it (you can nick treehelper.x for this)
  • Open that cube's .sco file in OMSIObjEditP.exe (or something like that)
  • Use the values from the invis_street splines to create the paths in the editor - this is somewhat self-explanatory
  • Place cube object in the map at the relevant location, check to see if paths align
    • If they do, delete invis_street splines
    • If they don't, go back into OMSIObjEditP.exe and adjust as necessary
  • Check to see if there are any broken paths by watching AI cars
  • Go back into OMSIObjEditP.exe and assign any relevant traffic lights
  • Go back into editor and assign any relevant traffic rules
  • Go back into OMSI and do a final test

Advertisement

upload_2017-3-13_17-36-19.png

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
If you can't understand what's been written above I'd give it a miss. What iomex and Road-hog have written above is pretty much all you need to know to make a custom junction. There are plenty of prefabs in the iomexLH folder that you can use, if you want more interesting ones then head towards the ones with street names from Spandau.

Solution

Advertisement

• Get hold of the OMSI Inofficial SDK
  • Create the junction in the editor using a combination of splines, objects whatever
  • Path it up using invis_street splines
  • Create a small cube object and .sco file to go with it (you can nick treehelper.x for this)
  • Open that cube's .sco file in OMSIObjEditP.exe (or something like that)
  • Use the values from the invis_street splines to create the paths in the editor - this is somewhat self-explanatory
  • Place cube object in the map at the relevant location, check to see if paths align
    • If they do, delete invis_street splines
    • If they don't, go back into OMSIObjEditP.exe and adjust as necessary
  • Check to see if there are any broken paths by watching AI cars
  • Go back into OMSIObjEditP.exe and assign any relevant traffic lights
  • Go back into editor and assign any relevant traffic rules
  • Go back into OMSI and do a final test
I know I'm replying to this like 5 years later and I don't know if other people have said the same thing but where can I get OMSI Inofficial SDK from. Is it a website if so is there a link posted somewhere else that takes me their so I can download it

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread