Creating Custom Junction (1 Viewer)

LondonBuses

Map Developer
Jul 24, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi ,

So I got my new pc today btw, but I am following Rhys Online custom junction tutorial and when creating the right side road curve with the Spin tool it works fine :

bec8170d92e88b21a9799a56cea2f7a9.png

So then I try to create the left side junction turn into that smaller road and this happens:

bec8170d92e88b21a9799a56cea2f7a9.png

It makes the junction curve sort of bend upwards and at a weird angle I been trying to make it work for a good 10 mins but have no idea what I'm doing wrong and why its happening I think @Rhys probably will know best, but if anybody could help me it would be amazing! :)

Kind regards

Raymond

Solution
Thanks roadhog ,

To summarise , Dont let the object be too close to edge of 1 tile size or will dissapear if to close to edge of a tile , Dont make too many verticies as wont convert and dont have more then 1 set of traffic light junction per object as otherwise the traffic light at one end of object will be the same colour as traffic lights on the other end of the object?

Thank you

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@LondonBuses You can drag this line up to make the lower section (the "Operator" panel) bigger.
upload_2017-10-19_12-42-33.png

This panel contains configuration options for the operation you just performed, e.g. moving something, scaling something, or in your case the "Spin" tool. If you make the value under "Angle" negative, you invert the direction of the rotation.

Advertisement

LondonBuses

Map Developer
Jul 24, 2017
United Kingdom
Hi @Rhys or @Road-hog123 ,

lK8c31inFIEOOQaf9WpQb2kwoCL9lgd2.png

I am currently now trying to progress further from where the original sketchup terrain was imported so have imported a new section of the map (As you can see the right side) and wondering if this method is correct? , I remember rhys said something about the size of a OMSI map tile is 300x300 or something along them lines and don't really want to make 1 section bigger then that and wondering if you guys could help? eg: Is there a way to line up the 2 terrain maps and also how much am I allowed in 1 junction file

Kind regards

Reactions: Callum23

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
how much am I allowed in 1 junction file
There are no strict rules on this, however you should consider:
  • It's not recommended to go above the size of a tile, as the object can unload even when you're quite close to the edge of it, because the origin point is so far away.
  • The x to o3d converter will refuse to convert objects if the file size is too big or they contain too many vertices (although the exact point it does this isn't known).
  • Traffic light sequences on a single object will remain perfectly in time, which may not make sense (things like approach control will change every traffic light on the whole object).

LondonBuses

Map Developer
Jul 24, 2017
United Kingdom
Thanks roadhog ,

To summarise , Dont let the object be too close to edge of 1 tile size or will dissapear if to close to edge of a tile , Dont make too many verticies as wont convert and dont have more then 1 set of traffic light junction per object as otherwise the traffic light at one end of object will be the same colour as traffic lights on the other end of the object?

Thank you

Reactions: Callum23
Solution
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread