Creating a Bus. (1 Viewer)

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
Hey, I would like to know about how a bus is actually put into omsi and converted. I am very proficient with modelling in Blender so that is not an issue. In-terms of scripting I can do C#, JavaScript and Roblox Lua. Would any of them be useful for making a bus in Omsi, thanks. I just want an idea of how it works.

Thanks.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
OMSI has its very own scripting language, which you can learn about here: Scripting System - OMSIWiki
There's also a list of system variables here, which are vital to use for gearbox scripts, anything time-related and such: System- und vordefinierte lokalen Variablen – OMSIWiki (German only I'm afraid)

It's difficult at first but becomes more intuitive, and if you've already got the hang of several different languages by now, you shouldn't find it too hard - I look forward to welcoming you to the bus making community :)

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
OMSI has its very own scripting language, which you can learn about here: Scripting System - OMSIWiki
There's also a list of system variables here, which are vital to use for gearbox scripts, anything time-related and such: System- und vordefinierte lokalen Variablen – OMSIWiki (German only I'm afraid)

It's difficult at first but becomes more intuitive, and if you've already got the hang of several different languages by now, you shouldn't find it too hard - I look forward to welcoming you to the bus making community :)
Thank you, I may get started on something then and just go for it and see how it goes:)

JDCustard

Founder of JDDEV
Aug 4, 2016
In terms of coding, I don't think any of those are relevant. OMSI uses a lot of dedicated coding languages so I would say go through some scripts in OMSI and see what you think!
Thanks!
Good luck - I started out by scripting a light sequence for my ambulance I made for London
Is it possible to look inside of existing bus code and edit it to learn?

Is it possible to look inside of existing bus code and edit it to learn?
Yeah, just go to to your Vehicles folder of your OMSI directory, navigate to a bus and go into the Scripts folder. Everything in the scripts can be opened and viewed via Notepad or Notepad++

You can convert object files into OMSI by using the o3d converter. However to get textures etc. you will need to do UV Mapping etc. in the textures folder.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Opening up .o3d files is frowned upon, they're made like they are to protect the author's work.

I got the ambulance into Blender by making it myself ;)

Also, Notepad++ is a much better option for editing the script files in general, if nothing else because it lets you see what line number you're on, though that's not the only reason.

Opening up .o3d files is frowned upon, they're made like they are to protect the author's work.

I got the ambulance into Blender by making it myself ;)

Also, Notepad++ is a much better option for editing the script files in general, if nothing else because it lets you see what line number you're on, though that's not the only reason.
What I mean is you can get that software that converts like Blender files and 3DS files into o3d files to put into OMSI.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread